Honored Contributor

Should you test positive for covid-19...

Would you post about it on this board or anywhere else on social media?

I've seen patients interviewed on the news, but none anywhere else.  It seems that one or more of the regular posters here, might have a positive result at one point, once more tests are being given. 

I would also guess that a Facebook acquaintance would test positive sometime in the next few weeks 

Honored Contributor

Re: Should you test positive for covid-19...

[ Edited ]

No, that would be too personal for me..

Respected Contributor

I would think that someone would have to have hundreds of thousands of FB friends and this place would need hundreds of thousands active posters for that statistically to be true now and in the near future.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely not. It's a private matter. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Yes, I would post about it. It's a virus, nothing to be ashamed of. And it's in the news so yeah, I'm sure I would post about it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I would.  

I posted this elsewhere but in my state they won't test you unless you've been in contact with someone they've already tested and confirmed to be positive.  Yet, they won't tell you who the positives are.

I'm obviously fighting something.  Sure I'll be fine but I just sent my parents back to their retirement community.  I think I should be vigilant and test and find out if they should be worried and god forbid catch the worst early but there's no way to do it.  

Everyone's preaching 24/7 do the right thing.  Um, you won't let me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I would share with others, although I'm not on social media.  I'd tell y'all (because you're my friends 😊), and everybody else in my circle would find out by phone or text.  

It would be important to notify anybody I may have had contact with so they could watch for symptoms.    

I'd also want to provide any updates (assuming I felt up to it) so that anybody who didn't have it would know what it's like since it's unchartered territory.

Now that I've received official word that I can work from home, I don't plan to be out and about very much.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Would you post about it on this board or anywhere else on social media?

I've seen patients interviewed on the news, but none anywhere else.  It seems that one or more of the regular posters here, might have a positive result at one point, once more tests are being given. 

I would also guess that a Facebook acquaintance would test positive sometime in the next few weeks 

@september 

I’m pretty sure they will never have enough tests to spare one for me so I won’t have anything to say. 

But I do not “do” social sites at all. The only people I would tell would be those with a need to know. I certainly would not post about it on the Internet. 

Honored Contributor

I see posters here discussing very personal health issues. 

I would probably post about it, but only state my location in very broad terms.  Unless I had severe symptoms, I probably would be bored and antsy, would not have much else to do with my time, being confined at home. 

Esteemed Contributor

It isn't like it is a STD.  Why be ashamed?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!