Respected Contributor

Re: Should he Stay or Should he go ?

She's contemplating it @sharke.

I mean.... contemplating the relationship. ;-)

Respected Contributor

sharke wrote :

This is better then my soap opera

So, what happened ? She kick him to the curb or is he still in the loop?

That's funny !  my situation is a real concern for me but I do have a sense of humor so thanks for the comment, made me laugh.  Yesterday I posted that I did not discuss my concern with my boyfriend, we had a great weekend as usual and I have decided to give it more time.  I did not kick him to the curb. Soap Opera ?? Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

He is probably concerned about protecting  his assets.  If he got married, and divorced, there would be community property issues.

Stay the course with him, if you find the relationship fullfilling, in the bedroom, and out.  Smiley Wink

Good luck.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

sharke wrote :

This is better then my soap opera

So, what happened ? She kick him to the curb or is he still in the loop?

That's funny !  my situation is a real concern for me but I do have a sense of humor so thanks for the comment, made me laugh.  Yesterday I posted that I did not discuss my concern with my boyfriend, we had a great weekend as usual and I have decided to give it more time.  I did not kick him to the curb. Soap Opera ?? Woman LOL

@Goodie2shoes

Does he have children?  Hung brought up a good point.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for update

Yeah, I believe she had said he had kids.

Hope, she's happy.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Thanks for update

Yeah, I believe she had said he had kids.

Hope, she's happy.

Thanks @SharkE

That's a good reason for him not to get married, he may not want the legal hassle there can be with a second wife.  I've told the story of my best friend losing control of her fourth generation home because it went to her dad when her mom died, and dad remarried and left everything (that wasn't his) to his second gold digger wife.  The disabled grandson was kicked to the curb.

Honored Contributor

Noel:  Yes, I've seen that happen several times.  The widower finds a new wife within a year or two, and then leaves (in a will/trust) almost everything to the new wife.  . 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Noel:  Yes, I've seen that happen several times.  The widower finds a new wife within a year or two, and then leaves (in a will/trust) almost everything to the new wife.  . 

Maybe that's what she's hoping for.

Esteemed Contributor

The OP was in a relationship for 40 years with another man and brought not one but two children into the world without benefit of a legal relationship with their father.  EVidently she managed to suppress or overlook her pangs of conscience during that relationship but now at the age of 66 she has decided she won't be happy without a ring on her finger.  Unbelievable!

Honored Contributor

She sure has gave us all something to think about that's for sure.