Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&a

@nomless wrote:

You said USPS DS said it was probably stolen.  I would go back to them and ask what you should do.

The DS is supposed to call me back Monday. If he doesn't I'll call him myself to follow up & ask at that time what I should do.

Trusted Contributor

Re: USPS delivery supervisor says my package "probably stolen"

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

@Miranda1550 wrote:

I have had a horrible time with UPS,, have asked QVC  whenever possible to send  my packages by the  Post Office.  

This was via FedEx Smartpost. The delivery starts out with FedEx, then gets handed off to USPS. The UPS delivered order I had a few days after I placed the order. My mail carrier lost or delivered the package to the wrong house.

If the mail carrier lost or delivered it to the wrong house it was not stolen. I keep track of any packages coming. The day it shows it's supposed to be delivered if I don't get it I'm on the phone calling USPS if they are the ones delivering it because my mailman delivers my packages to the wrong house quite often. If I call as soon as I can the same day it's suppose to be delivered the post office will call the mailman & ask him what he did with the package & he will go get it & deliver it to me.

I don't trust that all my neighbors would bring it to me if they received it. I know one neighbor for sure would keep it. He told us any of our mail that he gets will go in the trash.

We have this problem a lot because our mailman gets off a house when delivering the mail & everyone gets their neighbors mail.

I called USPS right away when I couldn't find the package. The Delivery Supervisor insists that it was delivered to my house because that's what the tracking info show.

I told him no it wasn't, I don't have the package in my possession. He asked me if I'd checked my front yard, which is where it was supposedly left, I told him yes, multiple times, PLUS I checked my back yard. Then he told me to go ask my neighbors if they got my package.

He said he'd talk to the carrier & call me back. I haven't heard back from him so if he hasn't called by noon tomorrow, I"ll give him a call to follow up. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&q

For me, this doesn't rise to the level of being considered a stolen item that requires getting the police involved.  Clearly it was delivered to the wrong address.  I'm sorry you live in a neighborhood where no one communicates or makes things right among themselves.  Call Kohl's back and they should reship your order.

Honored Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&q

I was told by ups to check with my neighbors for a missing package once and I told them it was not in my job description..If a neighbor received something of mine and doesn't voluntarily deliver it to me then they probably have no intentions of admitting to receiving it in the first place.

Respected Contributor

This is nuts.  When I have had this problem, the retailer makes it right and then deals with its carrier.

Dump Kohls if they don't make it right.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&a

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

For me, this doesn't rise to the level of being considered a stolen item that requires getting the police involved.  Clearly it was delivered to the wrong address.  I'm sorry you live in a neighborhood where no one communicates or makes things right among themselves.  Call Kohl's back and they should reship your order.

No, they don't reship the order, I have to place a new order.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sgraham30 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

No, they don't reship the order, I have to place a new order. I'm not even sure if it was stolen, in my opinion that's very unlikely since the area where I live doesn't get a lot of foot traffic, the USPS Delivery Supervisor made the comment about it "probably being stolen." I personally think it was misdelivered or the carrier still has the package but marked it delivered for whatever reason. 

Honored Contributor

I'd also call the credit card company and dispute the charge.

Trusted Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

This is nuts.  When I have had this problem, the retailer makes it right and then deals with its carrier.

Dump Kohls if they don't make it right.

In all the years that I've been shopping at Kohl's, this is the first time that I've ever had this issue. I just posted my situation on their Facebook page. I can't wait to see how they respond to me & what their resolution is.

Respected Contributor

@sgraham30, so Kohl's is saying you have to place a new order.

Are they giving you a credit for the mis-delivered item?