Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&a

@Beachy1 wrote:

@sgraham30, so Kohl's is saying you have to place a new order.

Are they giving you a credit for the mis-delivered item?

I haven't contacted Capital One yet, I want to see if maybe the carrier actually still has the package but for whatever reason marked it as delivered. I'll be calling the Delivery Supervisor tomorrow as well to see if he talked to the carrier like he said he would.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&a

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I'd also call the credit card company and dispute the charge.

I'll be doing exactly that once I verify that the carrier doesn't actually still have the package.

Honored Contributor

Re: USPS delivery supervisor says my package "probably stolen"

Tell DS that you expect them to retrieve the package and deliver it to the correct address.  It was their error.

When I moved, I ordered something on EBAY.  I didn't realize there are several places you have to update your address and only updated one place.  My package was sent to my old address and the people opened the box and I guess we're planning on keeping it.  I sent my mother to USPS to straighten it out.  USPS went to the house and retrieved the item, taped up the box and mailed it to my new address free of charge.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&q

I have taken items down the street when it was delivered by mistake, but as we know, not everyone does. Someone has a sweatshirt I never received even though it was supposedly dropped off by my front door.  Kohls didn't lose your package, so I don't think they are responsible. for sending you another one.

My nephew works for FED Ex. He says they have a meter used on the packages that are delivered that gives a GPS coordinate. He had golf clubs sent from eBay which was shipped in a used baby stroller box. He got the GPS and went to that house and the man said they were expecting and thought it was a baby item for them. So he got his misdelivered item back.  

I get notices by signing up on UPS's website so they alert me that my package would be coming tomorrow and then again when it was delivered..

I would contact FedEx and maybe they can look up the coordinates for you.

Honored Contributor

Re: USPS delivery supervisor says my package "probably stolen"

@Beachy1 wrote:

So your package is at someone else's house?

Kohl's should be sending you out a replacement ASAP.

Yes! If you did not have to sign for it, then you are not responsible for that delivery.  If you did not get it, you do not have to go door to door looking for it! That is laughable! I told them once that I was disabled and could not go searching for a missing package. I received my credit immediently.

They are going to make you feel responsible, but you are not! Call your credit card company and have the charge reversed if Kohls continues telling you that you are responsible

Respected Contributor

I once naively asked my neighbor if he saw my package, as directed by HSN, and he was affronted!  I was embarrassed and would never do that again!

Honored Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&q

@sgraham30, I think USPS and/or Kohl's need to be handling this, not the police!  The USPS may have delivered, but not to the right address, tell Kohl's you did not get it and they have the responsibility in finding who did, JMHO!

Respected Contributor

I admit I haven't read all the responses but good luck with filing a police report.  We're still waiting to hear that the state police here have arrested the tenant who stole over $2000 from us when he moved out but....I'm no longer able to rustle up any hope they'll take him in.  And yes, they know exactly where he's living.

If you didn't receive the item, you don't have to pay for it.  Contact the vendor or your cc company and have it taken off the statement.  Then complain online everywhere you can.  You shouldn't have to run all over searching for the undelivered item.  

Honored Contributor

what's with nobody answering their doors? crimes/privacy or just not neighborly?

if it was USPS delivered that could possibly be a federal crime. not sure, but am sure if a person steals from your mailbox, that IS a federal crime. if neighbors, including you, don't answer their doors?  all of you created the problem and maybe someone of you all, should find a solution.

what? no phone numbers or e-mails. if not, mail them all a letter, assuming that are displaying their addresses.  seems like a strange neighborhood to me, and i grew up in Public Housing Projects. just sayin

hnj

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

what's with nobody answering their doors? crimes/privacy or just not neighborly?

if it was USPS delivered that could possibly be a federal crime. not sure, but am sure if a person steals from your mailbox, that IS a federal crime. if neighbors, including you, don't answer their doors?  all of you created the problem and maybe someone of you all, should find a solution.

what? no phone numbers or e-mails. if not, mail them all a letter, assuming that are displaying their addresses.  seems like a strange neighborhood to me, and i grew up in Public Housing Projects. just sayin

hnj

I personally don't believe the package was stolen, that was put out there by the USPS Delivery Supervisor that I spoke to yesterday. Why don't I believe it was stolen? Because in the area that I live in in the subdivision, we don't get much foot traffic because of our location in the subdivision. From what the tracking info shows, the package wasn't left in my mailbox, it was left by my front door.

I've been here nearly 13 years & in that time, my son & I have had 3 packages that never made it to us. We live at 5668, it turned out the packages were delivered to 5868. In the other instances of misdelivery, when I went to recover my package, the door at 5868 wasn't answered by the residents. Someone was home because I saw them peek around their front window curtains. I think the package was delivered to the wrong address, not stolen.

No, I guess none of us are very neighborly. I say hi/bye to my neighbors, but that's about it. I don't know much about them, they don't know much about me, we all tend to keep to ourselves. We don't have it any more (as far as I know) but several years ago, yes, there was a good deal of crime in this subvision, there were gangs.It got to the point where police were constantly patrolling the streets in an attempt to keep crime down.