Honored Contributor

@hummermom 

@hummermom wrote:

I live in Seattle, and I can't find hand sanitizer ANYWHERE! I had a couple of small bottles on hand, but the store shelves are empty!

Coming back from the shopping center, I saw 3 high school students wearing masks.

And the numbers keep growing: 9 deaths so far. The fear is real here.

I'm sure the fear is real where you are...I find myself getting very anxious when watching the news so I try not to watch it constantly.

Most of those who passed in Washington were residents of a nursing home. It's not really surprising and I'm sure there will be more deaths in that nursing home unfortunately.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Just came home from shopping Costco, Fred Meyers and Big Lots. No one was wearing masks or coughing...it seemed like any other shopping day. 

Nice not to be hunkered up at home worrying about the bad news on TV.

That's all.

I call most of TV - SHOCK TV!!!!!!!!

Can u remember the last time, they had positive, happy news???

Everything is BREAKING NEWS ----- the media is so happy when there are catastrophes -- sometimes they even expand on it - 24 hours/day.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags  Yeah, this is not making any sense. How would this virus break water mains? And if the water mains are broken then you can’t flush all toilet you stock piled.

Respected Contributor

Sorry I meant to say toilet paper loll

Occasional Contributor

Re: Shopping trip today

[ Edited ]

Some talking head on TV was surmising about the plausibility of being quarantined.  If that were to happen, people wouldn't be able to go out so they would need to "...be prepared" including having bottled water on hand (as if it is doomsday.)  Good grief.

Trusted Contributor

The last time I shopped was last Friday, and the grocery store was PACKED!  And, as others have noted here, people were buying shopping carts full of bottled water--and we haven't had ANY cases in Nevada yet.

DH is losing his mind over the spread of this disease.  He has been pontificating for years about how we as a society don't take infectious disease seriously enough, how we will find ourselves without sufficient resources in the next pandemic, yada, yada, yada.  Now he feels vindicated and is driving me crazy with all his preparations for impending disaster.  Glad I can retreat to my garden work for some respite.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopping trip today

[ Edited ]

I don't go out that much anyway and not for that specific reason but I don't feel all that great anymore and think more about not being around sick people because of a low immune system.

I did go out this morning where you sit in your car and wait to get lots of food. The only thing I did different was put my gloves on before taking the pen that they hand you to sign your name on the form. Hundreds wait in line so that's a lot of germs.

Honored Contributor

I took my puppy to the Vet this morning for her puppy shots and  stopped at the store real quick  to grab a few things on the way home.

There was no shortage of anything and I only saw one lady wearing a mask...on her head holding her hair back.

I found lump crab meat for $7.99 a lb..Yeah!  I grabbed a few lbs, potatoes and some Veggies and made my way home.

I might go back tomorrow for some more crab meat.  I should have stocked up.  It's business as usual here in PA.

Esteemed Contributor

@LadyRH wrote:

Some talking head on TV was surmising about the plausibility of being quarantined.  If that were to happen, people wouldn't be able to go out so they would need to "...be prepared" including having bottled water on hand (as if it is doomsday.)  Good grief.

So if I’m quarantined, the water is going to stop coming out of my faucets?  Good grief is right. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor
I was at the grocery store today. Shelves stocked and looked like any other day.