Respected Contributor

Re: September 11 Remembrance

[ Edited ]

I was working in my office when my assistant came in to tell me, "I don't know exactly what, but something is going on in the news."  It's odd to me that I still remember her exact words.  I pulled a small television from a closet to see what she was talking about.  No work got done that day.  As people walked by, they would find a chair and join us in stunned silence. 

We have flown the American flag on our home every day, without fail, since. The members of this household will Never Forget. 

We say, "God bless America" so easily, without giving it a second thought. Especially in the time we live in now, we should never forget that He already has and strive to be deserving. 

Remembering September 11th

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

~~~ May we never forget that day ~~~

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

when i see the blue lights, reaching to the sky, in the night of NYC,  i will get very choked up.  in fact i am getting choked up writing about it.   we will not forget.

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Stray

What a staggering loss for you and your friends...I'm so sorry.

@MacDUFF Thank you...it is a hard day....so many lives and Anerica as we knew it changed and that was a loss too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

My handsome husband just reminded me that, while many of us were frozen in fear, many others were not.  I will also never forget the men and women of outstanding courage in the midst of chaos and evil...firefighters, police officers, first responders, doctors, nurses, military, search and rescue, clean-up crews, and ordinary people doing extraordinary things to help their fellow human beings. 

@MacDUFF - yes, as said...I worked at the respite as a nurse at the WTC for two months and there were wonderful caring people from all over the world who came to help us.  There was  a group of Norwegian fireman who arrived on day 2 and stayed a very long time to help; they stand out in my mind because they were so supportive of NYC fireman especially when they would recover the body of a brother; just so respectful and kind.  Let us not forget the cadaver dogs who worked tirelessly with burnt little paws trying so hard to find survivors...they were so confused.  My Company gave gift certificates to the dogs for a fashionable Doggy Spa in NYC.  

Respected Contributor

In early September of 2002, we were in Boston.  With the previous year's tragedy fresh on our minds and hearts, we walked the Freedom Trail on September 12th. Standing in the Granary Cemetery, at the gravesites of Paul Revere and signers of the Declaration of Independence, my school days American history lessons came alive for the first time in my life.  

I stood, crying and praying, in that cemetery that day.  I cried for our country's sorrow and I prayed in gratitude for our forefathers' work and sacrifice to establish this great country.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just saw this fantastic scene of a rainbow emanating from the World Trade Center yesterday, Sept. 10.

Honored Contributor

It's hard to believe it happened 14 years ago.  When I watch the coverage, it takes me right back to those horrifying feelings.

So sad...

Regular Contributor

I remember getting ready for work a little later than normal as I was going to an offsite meeting. I had the tv on getting ready as I always do and they showed the first plane hitting. As I was getting ready to leave the second plane hit. I had to get to the meeting but I remember my daughter who was at college calling me during my meeting panicked because they told them all to go home. She didn't know what was happening. I then tried to get ahold of my older daughter who live in CO and couldn't get in touch with her. A little panic crept in since who knew what else was going to happen. A very sad day indeed, I even remember what I was wearing that day.
It is what it is!!!
Respected Contributor

This could not be more apropos today.  Please watch Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance.