Honored Contributor

WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO RETURN A GARMENT TO QVC?

Hello. I just posted this, yesterday, but it's been like a wild goose chase finding my own post, so I will try again. Ladies, what is the least expensive way to return a garment to QVC?

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO RETURN A GARMENT TO QVC?

USPS parcel post and I always get "delivery confirmation" which proves it was delivered.  I don't insure unless it's a very expensive item.  Things rarely get lost.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Mindy, I've found the cheapest way for most of my QVC returns to be to simply use the pre-paid return label they include in every order.  Once in a while I'll go stand in the post office line and pay for a return myself, and usually it's about exactly the price of the pre-paid label, sometimes even more.  Once in a blue moon if it's a small item, like an eyeliner or something, it's cheaper to pay it yourself, otherwise, I suggest using the Q label.  And you get free tracking with it.

Honored Contributor

My post office is a complete zoo.  We even have a self service kiosk but it is either not working or there is a line and someone mailing out stuff for their home business.  I've gone in to mail stuff at 9:30 pm on a Sunday night (ebay sales) and there are people in line for the kiosk.  

So, for me, I prefer to use the QVC return label and pay that price.  My time is more important.  I rarely return things, so if I'm over paying a bit it more than makes up for me having to go to the post office and stand in line.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

I put it back into the QVC mailing bag, tape with packing tape, then

cover the mailing labels with plain white labels.  Write the address

they supply for returns, on the bag ( not using the $6.95 return label).

Then take to the Post Office, where postage is usually much less than

the Q's $6.95 to return the item.

If I have several items and am being lazy, will put them all back into

one Q mailing bag, tape up, and use the $6.95 label.  Will then put

the package out for the mailman.  Have never had a problem with

them processing several returns in one bag.

Honored Contributor

I, too, use QVC's label. Our post office is always busy, and there are usually only 2 clerks working. I drop my packages at one of the other mail centers. There is one about 5 minutes away. I park, walk in, and lay it on the counter - no lines, no waiting!

You can also combine returns. Just be sure you have a separate slip for each one. This way you'll only be charged the one fee. I lightly tape my return slip to each item, or if it's in a box, I put an elastic band around it. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

USPS parcel post and I always get "delivery confirmation" which proves it was delivered.  I don't insure unless it's a very expensive item.  Things rarely get lost.

I make my own return label, and then the USPS etc.

Trusted Contributor

for the convienence of not going to the PO and driving to the PO.... I will pay a little more and just give the package to my mail man. I rarely return anything. 

Respected Contributor

The cheapest way is to go to the PO .

The easiest way is to use the shipping label.

Honored Contributor

I go both ways - I'll use their return label, sometimes to USPS and pay myself for less with insurance & tracking.  Regardless if my means, I always get an email that my return is on its way back.

And if I do have more than one to return I do bag it all together and definitely use the $6.95 prepd label.