Respected Contributor

Re: Sen. Rand Paul Tests Positive

@Porcelain wrote:

He didn't self isolate while awaiting his results. Apparently he worked out in the congressional gym and went swimming in the pool, and ate lunch with other congressmen. With this kind of example, that's how we get the spring breakers thinking their behavior is fine.

I don't think this thread should get political. It's more of a human thing. What do you do when you are in a public position of influence and something like this happens.

Also, if he says he had no symptoms and no contact with anyone he knew had the virus, how did he know to get tested?

@Porcelain, which begs the question as to why the Senate gym was even open.  All the gyms in the state of Ky. and other states have been closed for some time. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not everyone who is infected with the virus will develop COVID-19.

Just like people you have the HIV virus. Not all will develop AIDS.

Respected Contributor

Senator Paul claims he tested, because he travels a lot. A couple of other Senators said, 'we travel a lot, too, but haven't been tested.' I sense they're a little disturbed. 

He did not meet the criteria for testing, making his claims vague and suspicious. I'll bet he thought he'd had an exposure, but doesn't want say so. If he did, he'd receive lots of criticism for continuing close work and social activities before receiving results. 

He may just be one of the types who thinks .. 'nope it can't touch me,' but it did. I just hope he didn't share it.  We need all those folks working. Safely, but working.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Gosh, @MorningLover, I didn't realize Rand Paul had part of his lung removed.  That sounds pretty drastic.  I wonder if that played a role in getting the virus.

I'd be very interested generally in knowing, how much of one's lung can be removed before there are serious repercussions?  Posters with medical backgrounds, do opine. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
But is asymptomatic. He feels good, is in quarantine, and is working from there.
Source: Foxnews site

So people are being tested before showing symptoms? Are there that many test kits?

@Pearlee   I saw it on his twitter account.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

He didn't self isolate while awaiting his results. Apparently he worked out in the congressional gym and went swimming in the pool, and ate lunch with other congressmen. With this kind of example, that's how we get the sp@@ring breakers thinking their behavior is fine.

I don't think this thread should get political. It's more of a human thing. What do you do when you are in a public position of influence and something like this happens.

Also, if he says he had no symptoms and no contact with anyone he knew had the virus, how did he know to get tested?

@Porcelain, which begs the question as to why the Senate gym was even open.  All the gyms in the state of Ky. and other states have been closed for some time. 

@pitdakota 

We all had to close by 5 p.m. this past Wednesday.  (gyms and fitness facilities in KY).

Some peeps are just special I guess.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

He got tested the same way NBA players got tested,  movie people got tested.

The average person with symptoms can't get tested.  It's a sad fact of life. Who you are determines what you get.

I just read this (said jokingly), "if you need to get tested and can't, cough in a rich person's face and wait for their results."

And no, don't actually cough in anyone's face.  It was said to prove a point, the rich will get tested at the first sneeze, the rest of us can die waiting for the ok for a test.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I would think those people are tested more frequently because of their wide travels here and abroad.  I cannot make light of it because I want them tested when they are going here and there and everywhere and of course, they are exposed at one time or other.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Not everyone who is infected with the virus will develop COVID-19.

Just like people you have the HIV virus. Not all will develop AIDS.

@SilleeMee   Thank you.  We do not test everyone with a sore throat for strep nor do we test everyone with a bellyache for strep.  We don't test everybody on the street for influenza.