Respected Contributor

Those Condo Dwellers With Deliveries Stopped?...

I live in a condo complex and have not had this imposed yet.  Why were deliveries stopped at your complexes?  Are they afraid of virus being tracked in by deliveries? Or another reason.  Can you advise why deliveries are discouraged or stopped at your complex.  If this seems like a good idea, I will bring it up to my association. Tks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Those Condo Dwellers With Deliveries Stopped?...

I live on the second floor of a two story townhouse, food deliveries come to my door, but 90% of Amazon and UPS are left by the mailboxes

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@amyb  Deliveries have not been stopped (yet) but it is being discouraged.  We have a separate receiving room with a dedicated person there to receive packages.

We also have doormen(women) and I am expecting to get a notice that they will not be at the front desk and we will have to use our "fob" to let ourselves in.  Actually, that makes sense since many people stop by the front desk in our condo buidling.

Esteemed Contributor

We live in a condo complex and have not had that happen yet.  I hope it doesn't.  It's better to have a delivery person dropping off packages on the porches.  It's bad enough we have to go to the mailroom to get our mail.  Picking up packages in there would just have people hanging around in that room longer.  Everyone is very careful, if there is someone in the mailroom we wait until the person comes out, going in one at a time.

But also there's lots of grocery deliveries coming in, lots of older people live here.

Honored Contributor

I don't have an answer for OP -  my condo association has not enacted any shipping restrictions at this time.

What I know for myself personally is that the fewer new items I bring into my home, the better off I can expect to be.  I am still picking up my mail, I have been to a supermarket and a drugstore in the last week, but other than that -  zilch.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb wrote:

I live in a condo complex and have not had this imposed yet.  Why were deliveries stopped at your complexes?  Are they afraid of virus being tracked in by deliveries? Or another reason.  Can you advise why deliveries are discouraged or stopped at your complex.  If this seems like a good idea, I will bring it up to my association. Tks!

@amyb 

We get a lot of deliveries here at our Condo complex---you see all the packages stacked up waiting for them to be checked in at a Package Pickup Center, that person also sends notices that a package has arrived ---so lots of incoming people from USPS, UPS, FedEx delivering all these packages. Then there's residents coming in and picking up packages and checking out so theres a record that the delivery was picked up. So due to a concern with all this activity about the possibilities of people carrying the virus to the employees that handle all package deliveries so the package delivery service has been temporarily suspended......  They said to contact the company delivering your order to make other arrangements...... 

I went to the USPS website since I had 2 small orders coming since I subscribe to USPS's Informed Delivery ---it was a book and 2 clothing tops) and I indicated I wanted a front door delivery (the other options were picking it up at the post office which I didnt want to do)....still its at the descretion of the postal worker and he crammed my clothing I ordered into my small community mailbox (our mailboxes are outside in an area separate from package deliveries).....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Yeah my apt office is closed. Seems too cautious not to allow us to pick up our packages but it will save me money. I was trying to support my favourite stores, but will have to wait. 

Laundry room was also locked, so now when I should be keeping my clothes clean, I have to risk going to a public laundromat with how many people's fingers touching machine buttons, when I could be at home, wash my hands between trips and just be done with it. Oh well, off to doing some shirts in the sink.