Regular Contributor

Re: Seemingly Effortless ways to keep the Extra Pounds Off

@Karie2022 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I used to subscribe to the motto "everything in moderation."  However, I fairly recently came to realize that I don't do well with everything and therefore, I just can't have it.  There are things that I want and if they are in the house and I eat 1, then I eat more and more and more.  I can't just have 1 piece of bite size candy.  I want 5 pieces and if the bag is in the house, I will go for more.

I have to totally eliminate trigger foods altogether.  If the junk isn't in the house, after a few days I don't want it anymore and don't think about it.  But I have to stay off it.  Because if I go somewhere and have something sweet, it starts me on a bender.    

This is me exactly...very little will power and if the triggers are there I'm done...best to not have it in the house, which is hard with teenagers and a hubby who can eat whatever he wantsSmiley Embarassed   At my age now, early 50's, I have to really be super diligent with food; I exercise every day, and just biked 16 miles over the weekend, it doesn't matter, it's the FOOD...

This is is me too. I don't have strong will power with foods I should avoid. Breakfast doesn't work for me either. Interesting thread!