Honored Contributor

Today I received 3 texts from the number  300-400 talking about flu shots.

I did not reply but I did look it up online.

It is a Scam and Phishing to try and get information.

Have you ever had any texts from this number or any other scam texts?

There was no way to block the number  Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I get scam calls/ texts nearly every day.I never pick up or respond.I always delete them.I feel sorry for the lonely people who fall for this ******.

Respected Contributor

I haven’t had any scam texts on my iPhone yet, but I did get some on my old Samsung. It used to make me so mad because I had to pay for them.

Esteemed Contributor

You have choices.

Don't you have your notifications set to give you a preview of the text?

I never open a text I don't want. You can just delete it at the message app without ever opening it.

Also, you can set phone to screen out all calls or messages that aren't in your list of contacts.

Or, sometimes if they're persistent, I'll take something like your 300-400 number and create a contract. Once there's a contract I can block anything incoming from that number.

Phone numbers are reassigned, and sometimes you can get a new number that's very active, where the person who had it before you had answered all the junk calls and texts.

That number will settled down eventually if you employ blocking options as described above.

Doesn't matter of you have an i Phone, Samsung, Moto, etc.

Honored Contributor

I’ve gotten scam texts - not very often.   Usually I get a notice that the number is not in my contacts and would I like to report it as junk.   I also block it 

Esteemed Contributor

If you have a iPhone you just bring it up (don’t open), query the caller, bring up the # and block it.  You not have establish a contact.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I get scam calls/ texts nearly every day.I never pick up or respond.I always delete them.I feel sorry for the lonely people who fall for this ******.

@NicksmomESQ

I dont think people fall for these scams because they're lonely, I think they are naive, too trusting, or dont bother to stay up to date on the latest scams.  The FTC posts these on their website, and they can even email alerts.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/scam-alerts

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Scam Texts!

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

You have choices.

Don't you have your notifications set to give you a preview of the text?

I never open a text I don't want. You can just delete it at the message app without ever opening it.

Also, you can set phone to screen out all calls or messages that aren't in your list of contacts.

Or, sometimes if they're persistent, I'll take something like your 300-400 number and create a contract. Once there's a contract I can block anything incoming from that number.

Phone numbers are reassigned, and sometimes you can get a new number that's very active, where the person who had it before you had answered all the junk calls and texts.

That number will settled down eventually if you employ blocking options as described above.

Doesn't matter of you have an i Phone, Samsung, Moto, etc.

@x Hedge

Your advice is excellent but despite the call blockers and security/privacy measures on my smart phone some of these same numbers still get through, I never answer and continue to block them...Some of these scammers are devious and very persistent!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Why would you even bother looking up the number.  Even if you thought it was legit, why would do anything other than delete it?  You knew you didn't know who sent it.  Delete and move on.  To answer the question, yes indeed.  I receive tons of junk texts.  They don't bother me, delete and move on.