Super Contributor

My mom passed away last year on Dec 16.  This time of year is starting to bring up many  reminders of her last couple of months. She had cancer and had to go into assisted living in September of last year. There were many problems including a week in the hospital for a broken hip and surgery.  I miss her so much. Now sadly my mother-in-law is in a similar situation. She has cancer, had pneumonia, and is now in a nursing home. She is with hospice and I am afraid that she does not have much time. I feel like I am living last year all over again. It is just such a sad time for my family.

Respected Contributor

@Wiscfan3...I am so sorry for what you are going through. It's scary and heart wrenching. (((Hugs))).

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

I am so sorry. It is so difficult. My parents were gone on Dec. 16 and then Jan 17.Two forms of dementia. Let yourself have time to heal when you can. Nothing prepares us for this.

Contributor

So sorry for your loss last year and your current situation with MIL. At times one does feel a bit pounded by the universe. An actual body blow........

I lost my 62 year old sister 12/15/16, so I hear you, every single thing is a reminder.....l

hurting still,

best wishes to you and yours,

SEC

Esteemed Contributor

@Wiscfan3 My father passed away on December 23, 1995, such a hard time to lose someone you love as their absence is felt during what is supposed to be the happiest time of the year, it still hurts I will not deny that, but as time has  rolled on, I choose now to celebrate my Dads love of the season, he loved coming over to our home as I decorate tevery room and always make sure I have a festive home and attitude, as my Mom was the same way also, I lost her back in 1990.  Yes I still get sad not having them physically here, but I feel their presence with us during the holiday, and I know they look down from heaven at our celebration and can feel that we carry on the traditions that we had growing up and can look into our hearts to know that they will never be forgotten.  I pray that you find comfort, and I pray for your MIL, please know you are never alone as long as you have faith, and believe in the magic of the season

Honored Contributor

I lost both my parents over the holidays, one on Dec 17 and the other Jan 14.  I think that there's a huge happy party "up there" over the dear Lord's birthday because it seems that a lot of those that we love are called to heaven during this time....

It's been 20 years and I miss them every single day.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I am so sorry you are going through this.  I know how hard it can be and am feeling your pain.

I lost my mother twenty six years ago ... three days after thanksgiving...and my dad in January seven years ago.  The holidays are never the same, but  I have many beautiful memories....

My SIL is now in hospice care full time and is expected to be with the lord soon...it will be a great relief for my brother and neice, as this has been a long struggle for all...and she will be with her other daughter and her parents up above without pain...

I know things are very sad and difficult right now, but they will get better over time... All you can do is be there for her and let her know you care...

All my blessings in your time of need..

Trusted Contributor

Hugs to all of you going through this loss, some of which are very recent and very fresh.  My Mom has been gone 38 years, and I still think of her and wish I could talk to her.  Please know that many of us know what you are going through, and wishing for healing for all of you!

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for the responses. All of your words and stories have touched me and given me strength tonight. I am so blessed to have had a wonderful loving mom and also a mother-in-law who I love with all my heart. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can truly feel your pain. My MIL passed away in August 2009 and Mom passed away 5 months later in January 2010. I miss them both every day. I send you (((HUGS))) and blessings