Honored Contributor

Re: SOCIALLY AWKWARD CHILDREN?

@Lali1 wrote:

Not sure where this so called info is coming from. All I have seen is that people have said kids staying home for long periods of time is bad for socialization and mental health.  It's not just kids.

This is the only thing I have heard. Staying home is gonna be the death of us all! Big reason for sending kids back to the classroom so they can all get and spread COVID-19 ASAP. 

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm an outlier here, but I don't really care what a few people have muttered about children. Now, if this had some backing to it, like a study that we could analyize, that might be worth chatting about.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Well, I don't know what to blame my social awkwardness on.  I grew up before Siri, text messaging, emojis, etc. I do speak in complete sentences, but I'm just awkward when it comes to groups of people or the social graces that many find 2nd nature.

Some people have true social anxiety.  I learned about it from my son who deals with it.  Is hard on the person and many people misinterpret it as being unfriendly.