Respected Contributor

Had my other mammo---could use some good vibes

Went in today to get more images and also an ultrasound.  They told me I need to have a suspicious area biopsied. Naturally I'm in a panic. Would like to hear from any ladies here who've had biopsies done. Did yours turn out benign?  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Had my other mammo---could use some good vibes

Not anymore, but for five years I had ultrasounds and biopsies every three months for suspicious areas ... it all turned out well in the end.  

I'm sending you my positive mo-jo to help you through this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ -

I know that is always a worry and everyone is different so it is good they are on top of it.

I have had several needle biopsies-all benign and I finally said take out (it was a benign cyst very common with fibrocystic breasts) because I was tired of going thru all the ultrasound mamos though this is very common with women who have this. And it was benign.

I also opted not to have the "marker" put in-I forget what it is made of some kind of metal or something?

cause I didn't like the thought of something staying in there. They like to put it in so they can see where the biopsy and or concerning place was.

The hardest thing was waiting but I was sure that it was ok and I hope yours will be too!

In the meantime try to distract yourself with everything and anything you think will help!

Mindless streaming perhaps if you have it or tv or a good book! Notes and calls or emails to people, you knowSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ   I had a breast biopsy done in 2014.  I had found a lump a month before my routine mammogram when taking a shower and had to go in sooner.  Mine unfortunately was not benign and I'm not going to sugar coat it for you, it's uncomfortable.......On that note, do not panic until you know what you are dealing with.  My sister also went for a breast biopsy recently and naturally was in a panic due to my situation.  Hers is benign and therefore will be montored for any changes.    We do not have a history of breast cancer in our family...........

So my take is this, I am sending you the best vibes I possible can.  But I feel if , and that is a big IF, there is an issue it is best to find it and treat the problem.  I never have missed a mammo in my life and had stage 3 breast cancer so, that biopsy pretty much saved my life so I am appreciative for it.   Godspeed.

Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies who've shared your experiences with this. I'll be honest with you---I am an emotional wreck with the tears flowing as have had some health issues in the past and this has just sent me over the edge. And it doesn't help that I always think the worst in these situations. I'm praying it's benign. Am waiting for my Dr. to get it set up (biopsy).

Honored Contributor

Great vibes coming your way. The best thing you can do for yourself is keep busy and do anything you can to forget about it for extended periods. Watch comedies.

If you know any short prayers or mantras or sayings that center you, say them whenever your thoughts go out of control. Out loud if necessary. It drowns out the unproductive thinking.

No matter what happens, health issues are just a matter of going through an evaluation process, and if necessary, a healing process. Your only responibility is to get yourself to the appointment. As you have already experienced, once you are there everyone else handles the rest for you. The process swings into motion for you as it has for countless people before you.

Sending you lots of warm fuzzies! All will be well. Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@LindaSal Thank you for sharing your story and I am so glad that you got it taken care of too!  That must've been so hard.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers, and the very best of luck to you! 🌺🌸

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain That is very good advice and you're right that I need to try to focus on other things right now.  It's just hard for me as I'm a very high-anxiety emotional person anyway (especially during this pandemic) and this just sent me over the edge.  I need to remember God is in control.

Respected Contributor

I had a biopsy in 1998.  I remember because it was one month before my wedding.  Benign thank goodness.  I understand your fears though.    

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York