Honored Contributor

Any suggestions?

The one we have is a Monster handheld vacuum (like a Dustbuster type). I bought it from QVC a million years ago.  My last filter for it bit the dust today.  I tried a month or so ago to find new filters for it, but couldn't. 

Anyway, any suggestions for a new handheld?  It doesn't need to be anything  fancy.  Oh, and we really don't have a good place to plug in a rechargeable with a long handle.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Need a new handheld vacuum

I'm happy with my DustBuster by Black and Decker.  It is blue and white.  I think it cost around $50.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm catching bugs in my sunroom with my monster vac. I added the extensions and feel like granny with her shotgun as I take aim at those pests.

People make their own masks, why not sew your own filters?

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I'm catching bugs in my sunroom with my monster vac. I added the extensions and feel like granny with her shotgun as I take aim at those pests.

People make their own masks, why not sew your own filters?

@AuntG - sew. My. Own. Filters.  I don't own a sewing machine and I have zero sewing abilities. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh 

I have a Dirt Devil hand-held  that I've had for years - works great.  Good for heavy duty pick-up.*

Just bought a "stick vac" that converts to hand-held - Bissell Featherweight.  Great for under cushions and minimal pick-up and dust.  Very dusty here in NYC ... even up 10 stories.

*  Small apartment, no kids, no pets .... but I make a mess sewing / yarn arts ... thread, snips of yarn, snips of fabric.  

Respected Contributor

I think handheld vacumes are one of the best inventions ever.  I could not live w/o one.

I currently have a Black & Decker that I picked up at WalMart about a year ago when my other one lost its oooomph.  This was probably in the $30-40 range.  I like it fine.  Easy enough to clean and the filter is just rinsed clean.  No need to buy new ones.  Its lightweight, picks up pretty well, and lasts long enough on  a charge.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

The Shark stick type works for me.  Can do handheld or stick.  Mine is corded.  Has a little power and a nice sized bin.

Honored Contributor

Another thumbs-up for Black and Decker.  I've had one for five years or so and have had no problems.  Also, there's no need to buy separate filters.

Trusted Contributor

I just love love love this one 

Black & Decker 2-in-1 Cordless Stick & Handheld Vacuum

Black & Decker 2-in-1 Cordless Stick & Handheld Vacuum

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Another thumbs-up for Black and Decker.  I've had one for five years or so and have had no problems.  Also, there's no need to buy separate filters.

@ValuSkr @I have the same one and just love it. Had it for almost ten years, very powerful.