Contributor

Re: SHUTTERS ARE UP - PLEASE PRAY FOR US

I have a friend that lives in Daytona...her dad lives with her. I've begged her & her dad to come and stay with me, but they are going to "ride it out" she said. They have been in other hurricanes but they weren't as strong as Irma! If you still have time please leave! My prayers go out to everyone in Irma's path.

Children are the Rainbow of Life...Grandchildren are the Pot of Gold
Esteemed Contributor

My children and grandchildren live in Tampa and Orlando. They're all staying where they are. All I can do is pray they'll be safe. 

Honored Contributor

Anybody planning to move after this one is over ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE  Smiley Very Happy  It doesn't help!  I've been run over by Andrew in LA, rained on by Floyd in PA, and chased out of NYC by Sandy.  On Monday, I'll be run over by Irma in GA.    I need to go West!

Honored Contributor

Since I'm the Queen of common sense I"ll just say I think your on the right track. Nobody likes common sense.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE  Smiley Very Happy  It doesn't help!  I've been run over by Andrew in LA, rained on by Floyd in PA, and chased out of NYC by Sandy.  On Monday, I'll be run over by Irma in GA.    I need to go West!

@Laura14  Well, the West has a big problem with fires.  You're welcome to come here to NE Ohio.........the only issues we ever have here are related to snow, and after it melts, everything looks the same as it was!  Heart

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I lived in Ind for 50 some odd yrs. why we moved to Amarillo, Tx no ocean areas for us we have the resources to go there for a week get our fill and go back inland.

Up North you got ice storms that hang around for a month, hubbo slipped and fell on hip had to go to chiropractor. Idiot people get out when they don't have to and run into your mailbox, squirrels get electrocuted on the power lines and blow out the transformer. Snow piles up you can't get out for days, no mail service on and on.

Now, in the Southwest you got high heat, and high heat bills, your at the mercy of somebody grilling a burger and starting a range fire that spreads for thousands of miles and kills livestock, horses, etc. 

No rain sometimes for months on end.

No perfect place on earth. I just wouldn't take my chances on the ocean areas. No thank you .

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Laura14  Well, the West has a big problem with fires.  You're welcome to come here to NE Ohio.........the only issues we ever have here are related to snow, and after it melts, everything looks the same as it was!  Heart

@2blonde  I've been threatening to move to Iowa which I love for years.  You may just find me in the Midwest.

@SharkE  I grew up in NJ by the shore.  Some of us do survive!  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Say Hello to Tony for me !

Honored Contributor

Hey Yo, @SharkE!  Smiley Very Happy