Trusted Contributor

SHUTTERS ARE UP - PLEASE PRAY FOR US

Still lots to do, but I will survive this storm. I am in the path of IRMA and am scared out of my wits, but I will get through this. I believe in miracles and I saw angel wings in the sky and a butterfly visited today. Last year when it was Matthew I found a feather when I put up my shutters. I have many angels watching out for me, but your prayers for those of us who have to face this head on can really use your prayers.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHUTTERS ARE UP - PLEASE PRAY FOR US

[ Edited ]

Prayers up, and ongoing, nycgrl.  Stay safe.

Contributor

Sending all the love we can--Hold tight--Prayers to all

Honored Contributor

I'm in the metro DC area and have my local news on the TV right now.  They are at a rest stop in northern Virginia where they are seeing a lot Florida license plates.  Good move for people to head north, hopefully out of harm's way.

Esteemed Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

Still lots to do, but I will survive this storm. I am in the path of IRMA and am scared out of my wits, but I will get through this. I believe in miracles and I saw angel wings in the sky and a butterfly visited today. Last year when it was Matthew I found a feather when I put up my shutters. I have many angels watching out for me, but your prayers for those of us who have to face this head on can really use your prayers.

I am in Florida also.   Ihave never seen such panic and I lived here for 14 years.  no gas and no food anywhere.  

Trusted Contributor

Sending prayers....hang tight!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

My long time next door neighbors bought a house in Jensen Beach (inner coastal area of FL) and have been living there for a couple years.  They did not sell their condo yet (next door to me here in NE Ohio).  I got a message from her I-phone at noon today saying they are on their way back here (+ their two cats).  They will stay in their condo and their renter is graciously moving in with her son while they are here.  I'm so afraid they will lose their home, right there on the east coast of FL.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

My thoughts and prayers are with you all! Heart

Are you settled in a shelter or hotel right now?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sending prayers, nycgrl.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

My long time next door neighbors bought a house in Jensen Beach (inner coastal area of FL) and have been living there for a couple years.  They did not sell their condo yet (next door to me here in NE Ohio).  I got a message from her I-phone at noon today saying they are on their way back here (+ their two cats).  They will stay in their condo and their renter is graciously moving in with her son while they are here.  I'm so afraid they will lose their home, right there on the east coast of FL.

@2blonde  I used to live in St Lucie county and that was a great call.  Someone else said they had friends that were actually staying on Jupiter Island.  They are nuts!