Honored Contributor

Re: Ryan Lochte, et. al: THEY LIED

CNN's site's homepage has APOLOGY in a 180 Font!

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Allegheny wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

I have heard that videotape is missing the 3 minutes of content.  You never know.

I also just heard that on the news earlier.  Don't know who the story is attributed to or where it started.

In fact, I don't know who or what to believe anymore.  I think now I may only believe the other three young men who were there and I am sure after this experience they probably have been counseled not to discuss it.

Ok and I just want to say MEOW alert ahead of time but you mean the three young men that he left in the dust when he got the heck out of Brazil to contend with the mess he left behind?

Please know @Allegheny I am not casting any shade on your post whatsoever and I more than respect your opinion but just the fact that he mysteriously left before the proverbial doo doo hit the fan is beyond the pale for me . . . Smiley Sad

@momtochloe

I don't understand what you are saying?  

I don't feel at this point I can believe anything Lochte says.  That perhaps the only version I may now put some credance is the three young men who were with him.

@Allegheny thank you for this but I guess that I rather bobbled my intent.  I know sometimes folks get upset when their posts are used for responses and I was just trying to say that I agree with what you said but took it in a direction that perhaps you did not intend but I wanted to make sure to try and separate the posts.

I hope this makes sense.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@ROMARY  Sorry to disagree, however, I see a precipitous decline in the system here. As an example, look no further than Pa.

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe  He was smart to leave.  His lawyer advised him well.  The others left behind were hounded, interrogated and forced to pay a 10 thousand dollar fine to some unnamed charity.  Why in the world would you stay behind when you know that proverbial poop is ready to hit the fan and you are the target with zero guarantee of a fair shake?  Smart move whether or not he was guilty..  

Honored Contributor

@Deanie  Smart move which tells EVERYONE including the other swimmers that:

*he thinks ONLY of himself'

*he is NOT a team player

*he's a smuck

I sincerely hope those other players demand he cover some of the cost that was shelled out and stay FAR away from someone who has NO ISSUE throwing "friends' under the bus.

What a loser.

Honored Contributor

No country is absolutely 'perfect', I'm guessing.  But I'd rather be judged under our justice system here in the US, rather than in some other country.  Also, all Olympic contestants should be given a list of rules/regulations re: protocol in other countries.  Around here, some folks just say: 'They're only young teens, having a good time', etc., etc.  However, if they are too young to think before they go roaming around foreign cities, and perhaps allegedly 'getting drunk', then maybe there should be an age requirement for Olympic participants.  Maybe 21.????  Teens (some) are notorious for sneaking around, even in their own home towns, etc.  ..............And, furthermore, contestants who are well known Olympic winners should think about the possibility of being k*dnapped and/or being held for millions of dollars worth of ransome.  It could turn out to be disastrous, politically as well as dangerous.  And this could happen just about anywhere, but being in a foreign country, far away from home, is even worse. Just thinking out loud, right or wrong.  Just a thought, an opinion right now.  I've been known to 'change my mind'.  (Often)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Deanie  Smart move which tells EVERYONE including the other swimmers that:

*he thinks ONLY of himself'

*he is NOT a team player

*he's a smuck

I sincerely hope those other players demand he cover some of the cost that was shelled out and stay FAR away from someone who has NO ISSUE throwing "friends' under the bus.

What a loser.

@SahmIam this is what has bothered me the most from the jump.  He crept quietly into the night knowing the mess he was leaving behind and then obliviously posted away on Twitter and Snapchat knowing the backlash that was coming and how his team mates were going to take the full brunt of it.  Nice.

Based on his previous (and very similar) altercations, I have lost all respect for him.

Honored Contributor

Well, I have to say - his attorney writes a fine apology letter.  It doesn't really mean much, however, not only because those obviously weren't even his words but because he continues to be invisible.

While I would not have done the things they did, I guess it's had to blame him for staying out of the fray.  But the reality is that HE, right along with them, caused the fray, so he should be representing and not letting the other guys take all the heat.

Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

And no one on here ever lied or made a mistake. Wow, so perfect. Drinking makes you do stupid things. Good lesson. 

No, in all honesty, I never did anything that stupid.

All eyes of the world on them. In a foreign country.  Making up a big whopper of a lie. Reporting it to the police being ignorant of the fact they will investigate.

The epitome of stupid and arrogant.

They deserve condemnation.

yep. When I first heard about their initial tale, I thought they were sooo lucky that they didn't get shot.  Then the 2 team mates being held the other day and now this.

I don't understand it.  They could have just paid for what they broke and moved on.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

Nice seein' ya, Biancardi!  I think of you often.  Heart