Honored Contributor

Re: Ryan Lochte, et. al: THEY LIED

[ Edited ]

'All in all', I'd suggest waiting until they're back home in our good old USA before 'partying' and 'celebrating'.  That goes for all of us. .........p.s.  We're so lucky to have our USA judicial system in place (compared with many other countries' systems).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I don't really understand the slams against athletes.

Just because some athletes (like within any other "group") are jerks and not someone anyone would look up to doesn't mean there aren't others who are excellent role models and people with integrity.

Exactly.  And while you, as an adult, may not look to an athlete as a role model, and you may not push athletes as role models to your children, the fact is that children pick their own role models.  Children look up to people THEY want to look up to, with or without adult interference. 

There isn't a thing you can do if your child looks up to someone. You may not even be aware that they do look up to certain people.      

Honored Contributor

He's a natural to promote Depends:  "When nature calls, but the restroom is locked."

Respected Contributor

I have heard that videotape is missing the 3 minutes of content.  You never know.

Super Contributor

Thank you Gator Girl for posting this "apology".  It appears in my opinion that someone wrote this for him, and it is quite pitiful on so many levels.  No one is perfect, but this spin of an apology shows what a narcissistic jerk Ryan Lochte is.  He is old enough to know better.  All the silly excuses like he was waiting for his teammates to arrive safely home, the language barrier, etc. -- he must think some of us are really stupid.  Next, he probably blame his loss to Michael Phelps or some other boo-hoo story.  Please be a decent human being and stop trying to play the damage control card.  If you vandalized a gas station here in the USA and the owner had a gun, you would be looking down a barrel too!

Respected Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

I have heard that videotape is missing the 3 minutes of content.  You never know.

I also just heard that on the news earlier.  Don't know who the story is attributed to or where it started.

In fact, I don't know who or what to believe anymore.  I think now I may only believe the other three young men who were there and I am sure after this experience they probably have been counseled not to discuss it.

Honored Contributor

Ryan Lochte apologizes for description of gas station incident

Ryan Lochte apologized on social media on Friday morning, saying he was sorry for not being "more careful and candid" in how he described events Sunday, which led to a Brazilian investigation into what police say was a fabricated story of a robbery.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/08/19/ryan-lochte-apologizes-social-medi...

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

I also just heard that on the news earlier.  Don't know who the story is attributed to or where it started.

In fact, I don't know who or what to believe anymore.  I think now I may only believe the other three young men who were there and I am sure after this experience they probably have been counseled not to discuss it.

Ok and I just want to say MEOW alert ahead of time but you mean the three young men that he left in the dust when he got the heck out of Brazil to contend with the mess he left behind?

Please know @Allegheny I am not casting any shade on your post whatsoever and I more than respect your opinion but just the fact that he mysteriously left before the proverbial doo doo hit the fan is beyond the pale for me . . . Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Allegheny wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

Ok and I just want to say MEOW alert ahead of time but you mean the three young men that he left in the dust when he got the heck out of Brazil to contend with the mess he left behind?

Please know @Allegheny I am not casting any shade on your post whatsoever and I more than respect your opinion but just the fact that he mysteriously left before the proverbial doo doo hit the fan is beyond the pale for me . . . Smiley Sad

@momtochloe

I don't understand what you are saying?  

I don't feel at this point I can believe anything Lochte says.  That perhaps the only version I may now put some credance is the three young men who were with him.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

He's a natural to promote Depends:  "When nature calls, but the restroom is locked."

With an addition, ", don't do that, do this!"