Honored Contributor

Re: Ryan Lochte, et. al: THEY LIED

@biancardi wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

And no one on here ever lied or made a mistake. Wow, so perfect. Drinking makes you do stupid things. Good lesson. 

No, in all honesty, I never did anything that stupid.

All eyes of the world on them. In a foreign country.  Making up a big whopper of a lie. Reporting it to the police being ignorant of the fact they will investigate.

The epitome of stupid and arrogant.

They deserve condemnation.

yep. When I first heard about their initial tale, I thought they were sooo lucky that they didn't get shot.  Then the 2 team mates being held the other day and now this.

I don't understand it.  They could have just paid for what they broke and moved on.

@biancardi sadly I think this should have been the outcome (boys will be boys, money exchanged hands to handle the damage, no harm no foul) but unfortunately for some reason he told his mom a big fib and she ran to the press with it.  The grease slide quickly followed . . . Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Nice seein' ya, Biancardi!  I think of you often.  Heart

hi chickenbutt!! Work has been keeping me VERY busy this summer. Lots of projects.
If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

biancardi wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Nice seein' ya, Biancardi!  I think of you often.  Heart

hi chickenbutt!! Work has been keeping me VERY busy this summer. Lots of projects.

Glad you're ok and just busy!  Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

I have heard that videotape is missing the 3 minutes of content.  You never know.

I also just heard that on the news earlier.  Don't know who the story is attributed to or where it started.

In fact, I don't know who or what to believe anymore.  I think now I may only believe the other three young men who were there and I am sure after this experience they probably have been counseled not to discuss it.

I do not know what or whom to believe anymore either. The only think I know that there are a lot of people including here on there's boards jumping to the opportunity to spit on America and Americans at any given chance calling them ugly,etc.

BTW a half of my friends who ever travel to Brazil, including my cousins from Germany who travelled there last April to learn Samba dance,were mugged and robbed.

My brother from LA was told by a waiter in Rio to hide his watch because he could be killed for it.

So if our swimmer did the wrong thing they have to pay the fine.

The rest of us have to kiss the ground of this country and praze the Lord  for the chance to live here. At least I do, I am an immigrant and the difference.

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

@Allegheny wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

I have heard that videotape is missing the 3 minutes of content.  You never know.

I also just heard that on the news earlier.  Don't know who the story is attributed to or where it started.

In fact, I don't know who or what to believe anymore.  I think now I may only believe the other three young men who were there and I am sure after this experience they probably have been counseled not to discuss it.

I do not know what or whom to believe anymore either. The only think I know that there are a lot of people including here on there's boards jumping to the opportunity to spit on America and Americans at any given chance calling them ugly,etc.

BTW a half of my friends who ever travel to Brazil, including my cousins from Germany who travelled there last April to learn Samba dance,were mugged and robbed.

My brother from LA was told by a waiter in Rio to hide his watch because he could be killed for it.

So if our swimmer did the wrong thing they have to pay the fine.

The rest of us have to kiss the ground of this country and praze the Lord  for the chance to live here. At least I do, I am an immigrant and the difference.

@SANNA

If it helps you with who to believe, Lochte has admitted he lied.

As for the "ugly" reference, it refers to a book written years ago. 

I haven't seen anyone here "spit on America" as you have claimed. 

Esteemed Contributor

Update:

Ryan Lochte has been charged in Brazil.

RIO DE JANEIRO — Brazilian police charged American swimmer Ryan Lochte on Thursday with filing a false robbery report over an incident during the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

A police statement said Lochte would be informed in the United States so he could decide whether to introduce a defense in Brazil.

The indictment will also be sent to the International Olympic Committee's ethics commission, the statement said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/25/americas/ryan-lochte-brazil/

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

You know, I really don't think we'll EVER know what actually happened. Therefore, nothing will happen to any of the athletes and life will continue with this a blip on the radar of their careers/endorsements.

I guess it turns out to be more than a Blip!

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I'm sure he's never going to go back to Brazil again.  At this point, it's time for everyone to drop it and move on.

Esteemed Contributor

@september wrote:

I'm sure he's never going to go back to Brazil again.  At this point, it's time for everyone to drop it and move on.

This is news.  I don't recall this kind of controversy concerning the Olympics since the Tonya Harding scandal.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

If we want to mess-up our own house, it's one thing.  But, as a guest in someone else's 'house' (country), we should have the utmost respect...............Just simple manners, and I'd like to see strict Olympic protocol from now on.  Make them (the O. organization) emphasize the importance of being a respectful 'guest'.  Either abide by the O. rules, or out they go. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).