Honored Contributor

At first I thought she was mentally unbalanced.  She may be.  Many times you can't really tell if you've just had a few minutes interaction.

Sorry you had this.

Honored Contributor

@151949 You know there are people who NEVER apologize to anyone for anything.  They are usually miserable people.

The best advice I could give you would be just be glad she isn't in your life and you don't have to deal with her ever again.

You can't change people (unfortunately).  As we become older (especially old like me) you realize you can't change people and they are the one's who are miserable.  The good thing about being an adult is you can usually decide who you want to be around.

Here's what I tell my daughters that I was told.  "When you let someone make you have a bad day (or even think about them) you are giving them the power over your happiness.  You need to let it go and be glad you don't know them".

No one can do this all of the time, but when you can, it helps.

Honored Contributor

It looks like it was 3 times. Did the woman actually unzip your purse or the Kleenex was visible from an outer pocket? She shouldn't have went in it, and your purse shouldn't have been left out. Why can't this food pantry have a cabinet to put all the purses in, with a lock?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

She does know the woman in a way.  They go to the same church.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

AMAZING that people here turned this around to all be my fault. Totally amazing.

One important thing I learned about the QVC boards is never, ever, post personal experiences here.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I would had said something to her ,the first time,and she should had apologized.

The first two times I saw her I was high up on a ladder putting things away so I could not easily just talk to her , the third time I was able to just walk over and speak to her. I would have said something sooner if I had been able to, but I don't scramble up & down ladders very easily anymore.

My handbag wouldn't have been out in the open but if I had lost my my mind and did leave it out there and someone approached; I'ld have yelled at them at the top of my lungs to "Get away from my handbag!".  There are timew when one should not worry about being polite....lol

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I have to have my drivers license, my phone, my epi pen and my inhaler with me at all times - that would not all fit in that LG bag. besides the things that are in my purse are there because they are things I want to take with me when I am out and about in case I need them. Why would I go out and leave things like my wallet at home ? 

Yes I agree that would not fit inside the lg bag, but please consider a small crossbody or a fanny pack...these would surely fit your items. I think for some it's difficult to pare down our bags, but sometimes it's necessary and just safer...I'm glad it worked out for you, it could've been much worse....

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@151949  I didn't get that at all.  I know if I gave you that impression, I'm sorry.

I just meant that if I were you I'd stay away from the person and there are people (I know some of them, unfortunately) and they would never apologize.  I think they are miserable in their lives.  

It's not your fault and you have every right to feel the way you do.

Regular Contributor

My first thought was she was testing the water, like taking something simple like kleenex a few times as if its her bag to see if anyone notices, if they dont just walk away with the bag