Honored Contributor

Was she someone working there,or a customer?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, the woman has a problem but I don't think it's rudeness.  Thief comes to mind.

There is always the possibility that she was mistaken, and plain rude about it, but I agree, I think she might have been testing the waters to see if she could take something from your purse, or any of the others that were sitting there, trying to see if anyone was paying attention.

Just because people are members of your church or your social group or organization doesn't mean they can be trusted. Sad to say, but it is true.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rude woman I met today

[ Edited ]

About three years ago ,when my husband was sick with cancer, i went to walmart, i left my handbag in the cart,drove off,was almost home,about 12 miles away ,looked over in the seat ,my handbag was not there,i drove like a crazy women back to walmart, ran in side ask if any one found it ,NO , a person helped me look the parking lot, went back home, my husband said someone called had my bag, and i called them ,and everything was good, i was so grateful to that man.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Rude woman I met today

[ Edited ]

I have to have my drivers license, my phone, my epi pen and my inhaler with me at all times - that would not all fit in that LG bag. besides the things that are in my purse are there because they are things I want to take with me when I am out and about in case I need them. Why would I go out and leave things like my wallet at home ? 

Valued Contributor

Glad nothing was missing( but your Kleenex). Sometimes situations like these are eye opening and hopefully you will adjust your habits to some new safer ones. It's a shame we have to be so untrusting with everything nowadays.

Honored Contributor

AMAZING that people here turned this around to all be my fault. Totally amazing.

Honored Contributor

I would take a bag that I can zip closed at least.

Respected Contributor
Well, it's not your fault she went into your bag. But having it out in the open is your doing.
Honored Contributor

@151949

It's not your fault, but leaving an OPEN handbag on a public counter is like waving a red flag.

And I don't think she was rude, I suspect she has mental problems. 

Every church I know of has a few eccentric people wandering around.

Honored Contributor

Well, I understand her confusion.   You let a complete stranger go into your purse not once but twice before you said a word....,I cannot begin to understand why anyone would do that?  So suddently after the girl went into "her" purse twice, you claim it's yours.  You, who didn't say anything before that.   No one would be able wrap their head around that one.  So, even though you proved it was indeed your bag, she still had some doubts because the situation was just so weird.  Most of us don't even let strangers touch our bags much less actually go into them....twice.   To be honest, by not stopping her..twice, she actually your approval to go ino the bag.  I don't thonk she did owe you an apology.