Honored Contributor

Re: Rude Customer Service Reps

[ Edited ]

I think the inference here is that so many CS reps are working in noisy call centers in foreign countries and English is not the first language. Their accent is so think it can be almost impossible to understand the, and this has nothing to do with your own hearing ability. When I have told a person I was having difficulty understanding what they are saying, they just repeat it even louder...which obviously doesn’t help their pronunciation. at my age, I could write a huge book on CS call horror stories. ....AT&T alone would be its own volume. I have found almost zero CS reps can answer even answer the simplest of questions,. I much prefer email now when having to deal with CS. I have had to take an entire day off from my job just to get a billing problem fixed. No one should ever have to do that.

Valued Contributor

Re: Rude Customer Service Reps

@lovesrecess   While I agree there are many call centers that are now overseas, there are still many that are not. The United States is an extremely diverse country, with an employee workforce from a variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. 

Many did not learn English as their primary language. Speaking a foreign language as your primary language is actually a very sought after skill in many businesses. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon