Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I am sad that people seem not to think it is important to clean it up @Cakers3..That would benefit all of us, and create jobs, and new technology ,in the process, and perhaps stop global warming( but the jury is still out on that one for some)

@cherry  Deniers.  Because they might have to put some effort into  changing their life styles.

It's like the big row-di-dow over plastice straws.  Yet the plastic lids still exist.

Mother Earth weeps.

@Cakers3  I think some major restaurants are trying to  make the switch now. It doesn’t happen overnight. Starbuck’s has changed its straws.

Honored Contributor

There are alternative ways to gow crops which will reduce and sometimes eliminate the use of herbicides/pesticides.

Glyphosate use has won a renewal of a 5 year lease in 2017, making using it in Europe until 2022.

The post about Europe banning it is incorrect.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I am sad that people seem not to think it is important to clean it up @Cakers3..That would benefit all of us, and create jobs, and new technology ,in the process, and perhaps stop global warming( but the jury is still out on that one for some)

@cherry  Deniers.  Because they might have to put some effort into  changing their life styles.

It's like the big row-di-dow over plastice straws.  Yet the plastic lids still exist.

Mother Earth weeps.

@Cakers3  I think some major restaurants are trying to  make the switch now. It doesn’t happen overnight. Starbuck’s has changed its straws.

@Shanus  That isn't my point.  Get rid of straws but keep the clear plastic lids.  I know it doesn't happen overnight.  The issue is everyone applauding getting rid of the straws but overlooking the plastic lid elephant in the room.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@novamc1 wrote:

Processed foods aren't the only things that could have been exposed to  Roundup.  

Roundup is not used in  processing food........it's used in growing it.  Exposure starts long before any crop or livestock reaches a processing plant.

I personally used spray bottles of Roundup for years.  It's the .best thing ever for spot-treating and killing weeds that would crop up in our landscaping beds.

Yes. This has nothing to do with processed foods. 

It is used in the very beginning of the food process, the growing of it. So even whole 'healthy' foods will/can show it, and probably in even higher amounts.

And I'm one of 'those people' who don't buy into the organic thing. In theory yes, but I don't believe it is followed throughout in practices, and I believe in the future, the whole lid will be blown off all that as well. 

A lot of the use of chemicals in food growing came from the need to increase production, for profit yes ,but just as much to feed the masses. There is a huge world of starving people and the advances in agriculture, some of it because of pesticides use, has been life saving as well as health detrimental.

People have to understand that while the use of some of  (most of?) the chemicals we have been using on crops might be/are harmful and need to be stopped/changed, there will be consequences for doing so in perhaps reduced yield, increased prices, and less availability of food to feed the world.

@Mominohio  Even with the use of chemical intervention, there are constant recalls of dangerous, ecoli infested foods. Romaine lettuce has been recalled several times and Chipotle, in a few locations,  has had several breakouts of ecoli.

Honored Contributor

We live in a toxic laden soup of poison.... everywhere.  I am actually surprised that this news is news anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Mother Earth weeps.

@Shanus  That isn't my point.  Get rid of straws but keep the clear plastic lids.  I know it doesn't happen overnight.  The issue is everyone applauding getting rid of the straws but overlooking the plastic lid elephant in the room.

@Cakers3  I think your points have been made.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

It's not only cancer we have to be concerned with.  There are horrible neurological diseases that may be linked to pesticides.  Do we really need this to grow our food?  EU is banning it.

@Snoopp  No-they renewed the license for its use in 2017 until 2022.  Yes, there was a serious outcry to ban it but Europe caved.

Honored Contributor

This angers me.  I am an environmentalist and what is going on is an assault on our health and well being.  No one has the right to cause us harm and it is all being done because of greed and profit.  It's a disgrace and we all should be against it, bottom line.

With that being said, I applaud all of those out there who are fighting these terrible issues, who are going to court and trying to make positive change against companies who are polluting and causing harm to our water ways, wild life and humans.  There has been progress but it is so wide spread, it takes time to change.  Meanwhile we have to expose whatever harm is being done to us and our children.  Without good health money means nothing and for those who are gaining from harm all of your money isn't going to buy you good health, immortality or a perfect existence.  Whether the risk be small or large these pesticides need to be eliminated.  

Honored Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWgnkgYtqnw&t=20s

A MUST watch if you have an interest in this topic.  A fantastic interview.

Respected Contributor

Read Roundup Chemical in Your Cereal: What to Know on Web MD. I use Roundup & follow the directions, it's an important product for me because I have herds of deer that rest & cross through my property so ticks are a huge concern & spraying tall grass & weeds helps. I've used other weed sprays that need to be applied over & over but spray once with Roundup & done for the year...I'll continue to use it.