Respected Contributor

Re: Roofer's Apology Cake

[ Edited ]

I heard this story on my local news at the noon hour -- didn't just pull the story from the internet, so I would hope the network would have checked out the story before reporting on it.  I assumed for this reason the story was legit, but perhaps I'm wrong. ?

I can be somewhat gullible. (*red face*)

Valued Contributor

No worries- @SaRina 

I just wanted to s""""k that guy for acting so dumb!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Roofer's Apology Cake

[ Edited ]

Look up "Phone Losers of America".  They have a website and a YouTube channel.  They "prank" people.  They have more RoyCo Roofing videos on there from several years ago.  I can't believe a local TV station thought this was legit.  I have secondhand embarrassment for them Woman LOL

Fictional History

Founded in 1979 by "Big Roy", RoyCo Construction is the construction arm of RoyCo. Well known for its stealth modification of apartment buildings, and numerous accidental de-roofings.

Hailed "the leading expert in roofing quality", RoyCo Roofing received countless awards including the prestigious "Best Roofing Company" in 2013. It is also notable for being the only company to ever won the "holy grail" of roofing award, the "Leak Free Gaurentee" in 2003.

Now located in Roy, Washington, RoyCo Construction specializes in the import and installations of exotic roofing tiles, with supply chains reaching as far as New Zealand.

In 1999, Big Roy passed away, and the company was passed down to Little Roy, who is in charge today, with a whole team.

Employees

• Chad - Employee of the year.
  • Little Roy - The man in charge.
  • Dave M. - The new guy.
  • Big Roy - RoyCo founder and autodidact roofer. (R.I.P.)
Honored Contributor

I would throw the cake in his face!  Does he think an ugly cake makes up for what he did?  What he should have done is tell the homeowners that he would fix the room, at his own expense asap an in the interim he would put them up in hotel, until he completed the job.  The he should have begged them to forgive him.  A cake....that's just adding insult to injury.

Honored Contributor

So - doesn't he realize he has to replace their roof with a new one? Does he think a cake is all he has to do?

Trusted Contributor

This is fake.  Just a prank.  Nobody's roof was removed.

@chrystaltree wrote:

I would throw the cake in his face!  Does he think an ugly cake makes up for what he did?  What he should have done is tell the homeowners that he would fix the room, at his own expense asap an in the interim he would put them up in hotel, until he completed the job.  The he should have begged them to forgive him.  A cake....that's just adding insult to injury.

Honored Contributor

Actually the homeowners should have called their homeowners ins and filed a claim. They would immediately replace the roof before additional damage was done - then the ins co would sue the roofer who made the mistake to get their money back.

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Actually the homeowners should have called their homeowners ins and filed a claim. They would immediately replace the roof before additional damage was done - then the ins co would sue the roofer who made the mistake to get their money back.

Again, this is a fake news story.  It is a prank played by a comedy group called Phone Losers of America.

Valued Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Again, this is a fake news story.  It is a prank played by a comedy group called Phone Losers of America.

They aren't even funny-just dumbskies!

Respected Contributor

Pretty please.. can we let this thread drop down to like page 10? lol @MezzieStarr said she has secondhand embarrassment for the TV station? Well, I have firsthand embarrassment for myself.... which is why I never start threads. 

slinking away now....

Related image