Honored Contributor

To kill someone to protect what he did illegally?

No excuse-a heartbreaking murder.

And I can't imagine that any person would buy the convenient "blacked out" while murdering and then came to.

So sick of murders of fellow human beings (and animals) at the drop of a hat as if no life matters!

Sometimes don't you just hate the human race and what they do?!

It is overwhelming and so depressing to listen to even some of the news on any day. Then I just feel like why do so many awful things happen in this world?

Then I just have to blank my mind out for awhile and try to "think lovely thoughts"!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Evil and crazy can come from any race, religion, or nationality.  I'd also like to add to this discussion that what does it matter that Mollie was young and pretty.  Very sad and tragic event, but what if she was not so pretty, older, dare I say darker, would this get any press coverage? Would we even know about it ?

Good question.  Unfortunately when people talk about not politicizing her death, first of all it was politicization that caused it in the first place - since we are apparently no longer allowed to enforce our laws due to political correctness. Again, had he not been here, she'd be alive today.

But secondly, there is - I'm sure you've noticed - a lot of anger toward her (that girl in Iowa)  et. al. -  for bringing the illegal immigration issue to the fore again.

And as to a lot of non coverage of murders of "darker" people, I think the reason we don't hear much uproar about Chicago for example is because the gun laws that are - on the one hand - touted as being the answer -  aren't being enforced there either.

WHERE is there anger at Molllie?  Source?

You must have missed the discussion about her not being home with the doors locked by 7:30.  Also why would she be running outside by herself.  Then of course there was that horrible pony tail.

Where? On this thread? Or are you speaking universally?

The discussion took place here after the body was found (before an arrest).  It has since been deleted.  Thus the comment you missed the discussion.

Thank you. That's all I asked: clarification. 

Respected Contributor

A little off topic, but didn't Rivera say that Mollie was friends with his wife/girlfriend? If so then they were acquaintances I would presume. Statics show that 98% of all murderers know their victim in some way or another.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

We have laws, the man was here illegally... period. Comparing him to a US citizen who commits murder is apple & oranges. We must follow the law, stop the excuses, have an honest discussion about what's going on here & stop changing the subject to justify our own political views. This issue can be fixed but sadly we don't have the will to do it.

Ok, sounds good. What shall we all say? Build the wall? Round up all illegals and send them to prison? Send them back? Shoot them? All suggestions welcome. Oh and murder is against the law no matter who does it. Maybe I am out of the loop, but what has happened with the wall? I rarely watch any news except the local news.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

We have laws, the man was here illegally... period. Comparing him to a US citizen who commits murder is apple & oranges. We must follow the law, stop the excuses, have an honest discussion about what's going on here & stop changing the subject to justify our own political views. This issue can be fixed but sadly we don't have the will to do it.

Ok, sounds good. What shall we all say? Build the wall? Round up all illegals and send them to prison? Send them back? Shoot them? All suggestions welcome. Oh and murder is against the law no matter who does it. Maybe I am out of the loop, but what has happened with the wall? I rarely watch any news except the local news.

What has happened with the wall?  If you read my now deleted post, you'd know.  No sense wasting my time saying it again.

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@corita wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I didn't realize we were fighting.  I thought we were just having a discussion.

To move on, as he was jogging alongside Mollie, Rivera claimed he got scared when she threatened to call police, blanked out and "came to" when he saw Mollie's body in his car and then dumped her in the field. His story makes no sense and I just can't understand any defense attorney defending him.    

-----------------------

And Rivera led the police to the body in the field!!  I have several friends who are defense attorneys. I have never understood how anyone can defend someone who has so obviously done the deed. 

I know everyone is thought to be innocent until proven otherwise, but here the man confessed.  Am sure they will try to make a defense based on 'did not know what he was doing because he is sick and blacked out'.

So sad!!!

Well she did threaten to call the police.  And there will likely be emphasis on how that scared him and threatened his very existence here not to mention the concern it generated in him as to what would happen to his family if he were deported.  I can see where this was just all to much for someone to have to endure - particularly given all the hatred in this country for innocent people like him who have to live in daily fear.  .I mean how can we really blame him.
---------------

Oh my!!!!  I absolutely blame him!!!  There were many options available to him.  He did not have to kill the girl.   He had a car, he could have gone away. He could have just turned around and run the other way!! 

Poster was being facetious.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Regular Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Evil and crazy can come from any race, religion, or nationality.  I'd also like to add to this discussion that what does it matter that Mollie was young and pretty.  Very sad and tragic event, but what if she was not so pretty, older, dare I say darker, would this get any press coverage? Would we even know about it ?

Good question.  Unfortunately when people talk about not politicizing her death, first of all it was politicization that caused it in the first place - since we are apparently no longer allowed to enforce our laws due to political correctness. Again, had he not been here, she'd be alive today.

But secondly, there is - I'm sure you've noticed - a lot of anger toward her (that girl in Iowa)  et. al. -  for bringing the illegal immigration issue to the fore again.

And as to a lot of non coverage of murders of "darker" people, I think the reason we don't hear much uproar about Chicago for example is because the gun laws that are - on the one hand - touted as being the answer -  aren't being enforced there either.

WHERE is there anger at Molllie?  Source?

@RainCityWoman: The comment "that girl from Iowa" was said by an reporter on MSNBC.  Sorry, I can't tell you the gal's name because I stopped watching main stream news about 10 years ago.  But alternate media was talking about this and showed a "clip."   MSNBC was upset that the country was talking about this story instead of the Manafort (spelling?) verdict and Cohen plea. 

Just a side note, I think Mollie's story "hits home" with more Americans than Manafort/Cohen stories. If it can happen in a small town, it sure can happen where I live. I don't live in fear but I do everything possible to protect myself too. Plus all the issues with immigration as well. I'm just glad we can still have discussions about it.

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

What has happened with the wall?  If you read my now deleted post, you'd know.  No sense wasting my time saying it again.

I hear you @Tyak and so understand. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Turns out news is now reporting that Rivera did, in fact, steal an identity to work.  He had a forged ID wih someone else's social security number.

@Isobel Archer

From the vague title, I assumed you meant either Geraldo or Chita.   lol