Honored Contributor

Staining?  I've never had a problem with it staining.  

Valued Contributor

My family has used Poopourri for over six years, and I have never had a problem with staining; then again, I scrub my toilets clean at least once a week.

Honored Contributor

I've been using it for years, my sister uses it, my mom uses it -- no staining, ever.

Honored Contributor

I've another one who has been using it for years without any stain issues.

Honored Contributor

I don’t understand how it would stain anyway?   

Honored Contributor

I sprayed the water 6 times and it did stain the bowl with a film that was hard to get off.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Are you sure the stains aren’t hard water stains.My sons bathrooms get those and they are tough to get rid of.

Honored Contributor

I've been using it for a long time - recommended by a friend.  I subscribe to it from Amazon.

Never had a staining problem, and my friend never mentioned having one either.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remember Poopourri?

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

I sprayed the water 6 times and it did stain the bowl with a film that was hard to get off.

@Katcat1 

Are you leaving the Poopourri on the water and leaving it there? That's not how it is used. It is supposed to be used just before you poo, then flush it away. It isn't in the bowl long enough to stain.

Have you been spraying it in the bowl and leaving it there long before anyone uses the bathroom? Whatever chemicals it contains may stain the bowl. I don't know for sure. Never used it that way.   A Poopourri sits in each bathroom and I (or guests) use it whenever necessary. (Most only use a Poopourri once daily per person.)

Have had the product for many years without any problems. I only have problems with hard water stains if I forget to use each toilet for a couple of days. That happens when one person (me) has 3 3/4 bathrooms and the hard water just sits there; it stains the ceramic bowl. I do clean all bathrooms each week.  Hope these suggestions help.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Most hospital gift shops I have been in carry it and it is a real blessing in their little rooms.