Esteemed Contributor

Those solar sales people at Home Depot. You think they're Home Depot people when they approach and ask if they can help you. Then they launch into their spiel. You can try to be polite with your "not interested" to no avail.  No matter how many times nor how many ways you try to persuade them and rid yourself of them they are relentless, have an answer for every blessed reason you give them for not being interested. Sometimes you just have to get downright rude. 

Honored Contributor

You were being too polite and that just encourages them to keep at you.  In situations like that, you must be loud and firm.  "I'm not interested !!!"  and you just keep truckin along.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Relentless Sales People

[ Edited ]

Saw a meme referring to heavy sales tactic.

Jokingly it said to reply....

"I hear you....but first, let me tell you how

I healed with essential oils & a keto diet"

Guarantee runaway. 

😆😆😆😆😆

Respected Contributor

I know exactly what you mean.   I can usually spot them a mile away but my DH will often go up to them and ask them a question on where something is in the store.    As you said, once you approach them it is so difficult to break away.   

It is not in my nature to be rude to anyone but at times I have just said not interested and walked away.   

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Saw a meme referring to heavy sales tactic.

Jokingly it said to reply....

"I hear you....but first, let me tell you how

I healed with essential oils & my keto diet"

Guarantee runaway. 

😆😆😆😆😆

That's great, or you could say, no time now but give me your home phone # and I'll call you tonight. 😆

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

@shaggygirl  next time say since you don't understand no in English, how do you say no in your language.

Honored Contributor

I think the worst are the kiosk people at the mall that follow you.

On more than one occasion I've told them to get away from me.

Esteemed Contributor

It could be corporate policy. My job makes me say stuff I think is stupid. I have to say it or risk getting written up.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately I couldn't find what I was looking for and guess it must have shown on my frustrated face so was happy when that voice said "can I help you find something." I spoke out loud what it was I needed before looking at where the voice came from. The minute I looked at her I knew. Geez, even telling her I was planning on selling my house soon (a lie) didn't dissuade her. They have an answer for that too. I did get a little testy in the end.

Plus I wound up coming home and ordering from Amazon. Stupid little plastic end caps for on my clothes (like for sweaters) drying racks. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like to be rude, but sometimes I find that, with stuff like this, you have to just ignore them.  If you give them anything at all they will continue to push.

I'm probably the poster child for how much I ABHOR being solicited and the more somebody pushes on me the closer I get to anger with it.   I have to try and just not engage AT ALL and that usually seems to work. 

Again, I really do hate to be rude to people but pushy people are way more rude than me ignoring them, IMO.   I know the drill - you talk to them at all and you have opened a door.   Just move on by and they don't have any way in.