Honored Contributor

I haven't seen them yet in Home Depot but my universal response to sales tactics like that is to just keep walking. I don't even slow down. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I haven't been to Home Depot for a long time so I haven't experienced these people.  How many of you have gone to the website "contact us" and. complained?  I'd bet nobody.  My advice would be, go to Lowe's.   I like them better any way.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the warnings ... lol .... I haven't been to Home Depot or Lowe's in a while since I've developed a few health issues .... here's a solution ... tell them to back off or you'll use your pepper spray ... (even if you don't have any) ... lol

Super Contributor

I think if you give them any reason it just opens the door to their sales pitch.  If they don't back off to my initial "no, thank you" I simply respond that I have no desire or need to share my reasons to them.  They are trained to deflect any reason you might give them so why give them that chance.

Esteemed Contributor

My stock answer for relentless sales people is:  What part of no/not interested don't you understand?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

roofing companies

remodeling companies

window companies

skincare stores/kiosks in the mall

security companies

cable tv/dish/satellite companies

they rarely take NO for an answer.......i tell them "i am in a hurry and on my lunchbreak," or "i live in an apartment," or "i have allergies," or "i am moving overseas," among other things.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Smile and say "Thanks, I already have those and LOVE them". 

Honored Contributor

Re: Relentless Sales People

[ Edited ]

Every once a while someone tries to solicit me into buying some type of home improvement.

I just say " no thanks, I am not a home owner". That always works.

I have also told people that I have just filed for bankruptcy and have no money or credit.  

Respected Contributor

Tell them you're in a rented apartment. Done.

Respected Contributor

Just tell them you are renting and keep walking.   That's what I do.

Or just smile and say no thanks and keep walking.  If you don't stop, they can't talk to you.