Honored Contributor

I want to thank the Mods for attempting to keep thei board free of politics. It is everywhere, tv, social media, and we should all be informed, but when I come here it is so nice to be free of the noise. Thanks again.đź‘Źđź‘Ź

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I also appreciate this. I am very involved in politics and surrounded by political activity, discussion, and volunteer work, so it's very nice to have one place where I can go and not worry about it.

Honored Contributor

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Yup....I hate that subject and is noones business what I think or how I vote. Of course by looking at some of the deleted threads, is like some want to act like children by "pushing boundaries" they full well know are against forum policy. Is like they want to get the last word or their opinion in before they full well know it will be deleted. Drama free zone here.

Honored Contributor

It would be simple enough for Q to have one forum where current events are allowed.  One only.  It's too bad they don't because then there would be a choice.  Everyone who doesn't want to discuss current events could go to every single other board and feel "refuge."

I say current events because the subjects not allowed many times have nothing to do with politics.  There are many things of great importance to this nation that aren't political. 

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

Yup....I hate that subject and is noones business what I think or how I vote. Of course by looking at some of the deleted threads, is like some want to act like children by "pushing boundaries" they full well know are against forum policy. Is like they want to get the last word or their opinion in before they full well know it will be deleted. Drama free zone here.

I agree with you @Stormygirl but realistically, none of us are forced to say how we feel or think about anything, including the products here.

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

The same people will also do this on any/every topic they know will be poofed. It's a childish neener-neener game to some. I'm like - What - they think if they do it enough QVC will start being okay with it?

These forums will never be a drama-free zone, though ;-) People can, and do, create drama out of pretty much anything.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

The Q used to have a board like that called the world news and views board. It was dreadful. The mods would never get anything else done if they had a board like that

Frequent Contributor

@QVCkitty1@ChynnaBlue

I agree with you both. I'm finding it difficult not to discuss a certain topic. Cat Frustrated

However, rules are made and we must follow them. If we don't, what do we get, poof!  Pun intended.

"God created memories so that we might have roses in December." - Italo Svevo
Honored Contributor

I do not come here as a getaway from anything or anyone having to do with my real life or the real world. There are a lot of things going on in most everyone's life that visit these forums. 

Bad things happening to myself, or anyone else that chooses to visit and post here, are not the problem for me. In life, them happening most times, cannot be avoided. Thus my view is not that they happened to me, but how I react/respond to them.

Not a lot of topics that are not "opinionated" in the cyber or real world. I don't feel I learn near as much from people that share my opinions, just the opposite.

That is how I feel about religious or political discussions. It is not the topics that are the problem, it is the way in which one chooses to respond to them. 

Allow the topics and remove the opinions of those that do not respond in a civil manner. Why remove a topic from everyone because there are some that cannot control there responses.

I do not appreciate any topic being "banned", just because, by moderators or prohibited topics, again just because. I applaud intermediaries for making thought out decisions, but not just removing any post "because it MIGHT BE controversial". My removed post contained 3 letters in a non-political topic. Why would I feel or say: "way to go mods"? Simple, I won't.

Now to how I really feel.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)