QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered political

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I do not come here as a getaway from anything or anyone having to do with my real life or the real world. There are a lot of things going on in most everyone's life that visit these forums. 

Bad things happening to myself, or anyone else that chooses to visit and post here, are not the problem for me. In life, them happening most times, cannot be avoided. Thus my view is not that they happened to me, but how I react/respond to them.

Not a lot of topics that are not "opinionated" in the cyber or real world. I don't feel I learn near as much from people that share my opinions, just the opposite.

That is how I feel about religious or political discussions. It is not the topics that are the problem, it is the way in which one chooses to respond to them. 

Allow the topics and remove the opinions of those that do not respond in a civil manner. Why remove a topic from everyone because there are some that cannot control there responses.

I do not appreciate any topic being "banned", just because, by moderators or prohibited topics, again just because. I applaud intermediaries for making thought out decisions, but not just removing any post "because it MIGHT BE controversial". My removed post contained 3 letters in a non-political topic. Why would I feel or say: "way to go mods"? Simple, I won't.

Now to how I really feel.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

I agree with you, John Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

One time I a thread I started was removed because it was about Michelle O being on the Biggest Loser....was nothing political about the thread but apparently someone thoguht it was so it got reported and removed.   People can get nasty just hearing a name or topic and the rest is history.  When moderating...It either needs to be all or nothing...in QVC's case they have opted for nothing including the mere mention of names that have political ties.  

Honored Contributor

They've had, in their CGs, 'contraversial subjects such as religion and politics' prohibited for years.  But only lately have they actually enforced that.

I think they are right to do that.  This is a retail site board but it is THEIR board so they can have it the way they want it.

I have other places I go online for discussion of politics and more intellectual type conversations and that's perfectly fine.

I think they do their best and they do a pretty good job.  Sure, who hasn't had a post deleted that was not inappropriate, but oh well.  I can deal with that.  It seems like the threads that get deleted in their entirety are inappropriate, or become inappropriate so they are certainly free to do that.  We are visitors and they hold the rules.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think they made the right call to not allow politics to be discussed - they simply do not have the manpower to deal with it.  People still try to sneak it in but for the most part it doesn't work.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:
  • The Q used to have a board like that called the world news and views board. It was dreadful. The mods would never get anything else done if they had a board like that

I am assuming "the mods" are not volunteers, thus! Anyone that has been on any job, over a long period of time, generally do not find the work load getting easier, quite the contrary. To me it is very apparent just by people I deal with, or from my own personal experiences.

So "the mods" have to step up their gig? Don't most people if they want to keep up? The world and things in it have greatly changed during my fairly long life. I choose to keep up with most changes, not run away from them.

No "rah-rah" mods from me. Appreciate some for things they say or do that is helpful to the contributors, and for the betterment of this Bulletin Board experiences for everyone.

That's about it.

hckynut(john) 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

"noise" is the perfect term.

It's nice to be able to come here and not have to deal with that sort of stuff.  Some people enjoy the drama of it all...

Honored Contributor

Well, that kinda is there job...lol   They aren't volunteers.

Trusted Contributor

Current events that do not involve politics, products and such have not been banned as far as I know. Is when they become against guidelines, argumentative and downright nasty they tend to get the poof. On the internet there are so many other venues to discuss those things and participate in argumentative topics which "anything goes" Even Face Book has become a place to snipe anyone who dare think differently or not fall into herd thinking. I dont always agree on the subjects being deleted but is not my place to dictiate how these boards are run.

Honored Contributor

My sister mods  a site for so called intellectuals, you have to be a certain type to want that position and stick with it. The Q's mods get paid, my sister doesn't so what does that tell you.LOL I couldn't stand the hall monitors in school, like Nazis they were, all of them.LOL Now I'm just getting carried away and silly.