Honored Contributor
I apologize if this has already been posted. The real ID deadline has been moved out one year to October 1, 2021. Announced earlier this week and it’s also listed on the homeland security website.
Respected Contributor

Re: Real ID Deadline Postponed

Good to know.  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

I think that the "Real ID" is a joke anyway, so....

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I went to get mine back in November but because I hadn't worked in over 45 years I didn't have a pay stub (they used to put it on them in the government) and I couldn't find my SSN card after the huge house fire we had.

But I recently found a lot of paperwork from when I worked for the government.  It shows my promotions, etc.  It all has my SSN on it.

Hopefully, that might take the place of my SSN card and/or pay stub.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819Because?  Just curious - even though I just went ahead of completed ID way back in 2013.    Didn't want to be in the crowd that put off and end up with hours and hours of waiting which is what was happening around here.  Glad to know they added still another year to the deadline.

I think that makes the 4th year of extentions -  which certainly has told me a whole lot about its relative importance in the whole scheme of life!

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe  I apologize, I forgot to thank you for letting us know about the extension.

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I apologize if this has already been posted. The real ID deadline has been moved out one year to October 1, 2021. Announced earlier this week and it’s also listed on the homeland security website.

Thanks, @bikerbabe !  I missed this postponement with everything else that's going on.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I don't think that information from your previous job will work.  It has to be current within a certain time period.  I didn't know where my social security card was, so I ordered a new one.  It's easy to order one online.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 if they want certain documents they aren't going to make exceptions. 

Why not just go to your SS account on line and request a replacement card rather than risk being turned away and wasting time.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  OK thanks.  Maybe I misunderstood.  So, due to my age I had to hurry up and get some kind (any kind) of pay stub.

So, I took all my papers (stuff) and got a new drivers license and figured I would get the star one another day.  So when I got to the counter (to get the regular one) she pulled out my papers again and said that I just needed a pay stub.

Most paychecks are direct deposits I think, not like I know, but I thought so.