Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers 

No worries, I have no problem with your doubt. But, no, I don't believe every comment about having 2 threads is always a reprimand. I'm just not as sure as you are when posting words like EVER or "you can sure it's a reprimand" because I'm just as sure there are exceptions.

I also don't feel it's up to you to decide for anyone else what information is important or interesting. For me, I enjoy just seeing when someone agrees or disagrees and I like hearing other's perspectives. For that matter, I sometimes like going through to see who gave certain posts a Heart.

I don't need life changing comments to enjoy reading and appreciating posts so, yes, if I'm interested in a topic I like knowing there are other threads about it. Saying it's just not that important obviously means it's not important to you. Please don't be so presumptuous as to decide what's interesting, important, or even deep, for someone else. For example I really found your last paragraph "Let people post what they want" to be especially interesting. 

As for a cheerful & friendly atmosphere I'm all for it. It's not always easy when there are differences of opinions but it's certainly something worth striving toward. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Cakers 

No worries, I have no problem with your doubt. But, no, I don't believe every comment about having 2 threads is always a reprimand. I'm just not as sure as you are when posting words like EVER or "you can sure it's a reprimand" because I'm just as sure there are exceptions.

I also don't feel it's up to you to decide for anyone else what information is important or interesting. For me, I enjoy just seeing when someone agrees or disagrees and I like hearing other's perspectives. For that matter, I sometimes like going through to see who gave certain posts a Heart.

I don't need life changing comments to enjoy reading and appreciating posts so, yes, if I'm interested in a topic I like knowing there are other threads about it. Saying it's just not that important obviously means it's not important to you. Please don't be so presumptuous as to decide what's interesting, important, or even deep, for someone else. For example I really found your last paragraph "Let people post what they want" to be especially interesting. 

As for a cheerful & friendly atmosphere I'm all for it. It's not always easy when there are differences of opinions but it's certainly something worth striving toward. Smiley Happy

@SusieQ_2   I think you need to step away and re-read what I said.

My use of "important" was not denigrating somebody's post as a post; it is not important to keep pointing out "I already said that" or "I already started a thread" etc. etc. etc.

You are twisting and not comprehending what I am saying.  Nor am I determining what is important.  I simply said the posts  are not deep discussions and that is because of standards.

Your reprimand, while totally out of context, is duly noted.

I'm done with this thread, too.

I do not need another round of negative vibes.

Have a good day.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 

I appreciate that you're trying to clarify your comment but I read exactly what you wrote and did not twist your words. The meaning was loud and clear. Nothing I said was out of context nor was it negative--it was simply a difference of opinion. I hope you have a lovely day as well. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2, there is a way of graciously alerting a poster that there is already another thread or more on a subject, if someone must.  Unfortunately, one or so posters don't, shall we say, achieve that and tend to sound irritated.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SusieQ_2, there is a way of graciously alerting a poster that there is already another thread or more on a subject, if someone must.  Unfortunately, one or so posters don't, shall we say, achieve that and tend to sound irritated.

@suzyQ3 

I totally agree and there may be (are?) posters who don't do it in the way we would prefer them to. Those are the times I simply consider the source and move on...usually to find the other thread to see what else was written, lol! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have a comment in regard to same subject threads both in one forum or in multiple forums.

I have often found that when this happens there is often different themes due to different posters on each thread.  It is rarely all the same posters saying the same thing in two places.

For those that remember past trial threads are a good example.  There were often multiple threads about the trial with different approaches and posters tended to primarily stay with one thread but read the other thread(s) and sometimes bring a point back to their favored thread.

Most of the time same subject threads are more apples and oranges than apples and apples.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.