Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Kachina 624 - And I would know that how?  I went by what I read on the other thread, which was not, as I said, an answer to the OP's question.  Judgemental?  I don't think so, under the circumstances.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I'm very tolerant of the multi paragraph storyteller @suzyQ3 . If it's the same person I'm thinking of, my sense is she's older and a very social person who is suffering more than I am this year. Plus, I actually like reading about her life.

@AuntG  There's someone for everyone as they say. You wouldn't believe the ones I like to read about! Lol

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I'm very tolerant of the multi paragraph storyteller @suzyQ3 . If it's the same person I'm thinking of, my sense is she's older and a very social person who is suffering more than I am this year. Plus, I actually like reading about her life.

@AuntG, how funny that you should post this. I was just about to reply to my own post.

I don't want to say one way or another as to whom I might have referencing. There are, as a matter fact, several quite long-winded posters.

But I started to feel bad about what I posted because I do think that some people very much need to either vent or to just have someone listen to them. And after all, I can just choose to read or not read such posts.

So my apologizes for the tone I took.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@QVCkitty1 And a pet peeve of mine is when someone takes the subject of the original post and goes off on a long, rambling tangent about something in their life that has very little, if anything, to do with the original subject.

I see this quite often by a couple of posters. I read the first few words and see where it's going and move on.

Yes, @Love my grandkids, I am always amazed at how one particular poster responds with a multi-paragraph essay that is maybe one percent related to the topic and ninety-nine percent presumably about her.

@suzyQ3  - If it's the same one I'm thinking about, I don't read them anymore.   Always on and on about her life and barely related to the topic. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

My favorites are the people who don't like what your saying and want U to know they have informed the mods and it will be them that put the end to your thread. They want you to know that it was them that went whining to the mods because they don't agree with your stand on something.

I remember them.

I agree up to a point. If the post is political, it will get ugly and the rules are clear. I will report any political post .

@QVCkitty1  I agree with you. Mods will not delete threads just because a poster doesn't like it. It has to be against community standards like political posts. In fact the posters who start those political ones should be given a time out or banned.

@proudlyfromNJ.  what about the posters that respond to political posts, aren't they just as guilty and deserving of equal punishment?

@Marp  It's up to the mods not me. And I wouldn't call it punishment, it's breaking the rules you said you would obey when you joined the forums.

@proudlyfromNJ& @Marp, quite often the responses to political comments are deleted along with the original.

Don't ask me how I know that. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 I agree and I know exactly who are talking about. Uses up a lot of bandwidth with those long rambling tales LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

If a thread is 10 pages long, there's  no need to post; everything that could be said has been posted already.

There are exception, threads like "what are you doing today" and the ongoing threads that have lasted a year or more don't  need read in their entirety. 

Ahh, but that's the thing, isn't it?

We are free to post what we want, as long as we follow the guidelines set forth by QVC, even if it has been said 100 times before.

We are not here to make you happy.

And if you're not, then that's for you to deal with.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@QVCkitty1 And a pet peeve of mine is when someone takes the subject of the original post and goes off on a long, rambling tangent about something in their life that has very little, if anything, to do with the original subject.

I see this quite often by a couple of posters. I read the first few words and see where it's going and move on.

Yes, @Love my grandkids, I am always amazed at how one particular poster responds with a multi-paragraph essay that is maybe one percent related to the topic and ninety-nine percent presumably about her.

Ugh, I know!

She just drones on and on about nothing.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have my settings to show the max number of posts per page, so I rarely encounter ten-page-long threads (the exceptions are usually ongoing type threads, which I rarely visit).

I do try to read a thread before commenting. If I haven't, I usually make that clear.

@suzyQ3 

Just stating the obvious but regardless of how many posts you have per page you still have the same number of posts to get through. A 100 comment 10 page thread is really no different than a 100 comment 2 page thread. The only extra thing to do is to click to the next page. Maybe that's the step you're trying to avoid?  Personally, I've always preferred fewer posts per page. Maybe I'll go wild in the new year and try it your way, lol. 

Honored Contributor

I like the life updates and stories. I don't always read them, but I'd be sad if they stopped. Some of you feel like distant relatives and I'm just glad to know you're all still kicking.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr