Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

My favorites are the people who don't like what your saying and want U to know they have informed the mods and it will be them that put the end to your thread. They want you to know that it was them that went whining to the mods because they don't agree with your stand on something.

I remember them.

I agree up to a point. If the post is political, it will get ugly and the rules are clear. I will report any political post .

@QVCkitty1  I agree with you. Mods will not delete threads just because a poster doesn't like it. It has to be against community standards like political posts. In fact the posters who start those political ones should be given a time out or banned.

@proudlyfromNJ.  what about the posters that respond to political posts, aren't they just as guilty and deserving of equal punishment?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

My favorites are the people who don't like what your saying and want U to know they have informed the mods and it will be them that put the end to your thread. They want you to know that it was them that went whining to the mods because they don't agree with your stand on something.

I remember them.

"Allegedly" one of my comments was reported to "headquarters" by xxxxxxx.  This person kept going on & on about me (as if she personally knew me offline).  Funny thing was while my "comment" stayed in the post, all of xxxxxx was deleted.  Eventuality the whole thread was POOFED.

837514213.gif

=====================================

I hate cryptic topics as well as cryptic postings.  I am amazed by the folks who respond as if they were all Gypsy Soothsayers-->CrystalBallFortuneTellerSmiley copy.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I have my settings to show the max number of posts per page, so I rarely encounter ten-page-long threads (the exceptions are usually ongoing type threads, which I rarely visit).

I do try to read a thread before commenting. If I haven't, I usually make that clear.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I find it impolite to respond without reading all other responses first.

It says their post is important and worth reading while the posts of others are not worthwhile.

----

I get it @occasionalrain but sometimes I'm guilty of skimming. Hope I wasn't the offender being referenced. What I don't get is someone saying the post is repetitive or not worth their time - well then, don't read or comment.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

If a thread is 10 pages long, there's  no need to post; everything that could be said has been posted already.

There are exception, threads like "what are you doing today" and the ongoing threads that have lasted a year or more don't  need read in their entirety. 

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I remember them.

I agree up to a point. If the post is political, it will get ugly and the rules are clear. I will report any political post .

@QVCkitty1  I agree with you. Mods will not delete threads just because a poster doesn't like it. It has to be against community standards like political posts. In fact the posters who start those political ones should be given a time out or banned.

@proudlyfromNJ.  what about the posters that respond to political posts, aren't they just as guilty and deserving of equal punishment?

@Marp  It's up to the mods not me. And I wouldn't call it punishment, it's breaking the rules you said you would obey when you joined the forums.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@QVCkitty1 And a pet peeve of mine is when someone takes the subject of the original post and goes off on a long, rambling tangent about something in their life that has very little, if anything, to do with the original subject.

I see this quite often by a couple of posters. I read the first few words and see where it's going and move on.

Yes, @Love my grandkids, I am always amazed at how one particular poster responds with a multi-paragraph essay that is maybe one percent related to the topic and ninety-nine percent presumably about her.

@suzyQ3   @lovemygrands. I find it amazingly easy to skip those rambling posts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I always think the responder is somewhat illiterate.

I used to think that English was their second language but, it seems, those for whom English is their second language have better grammar than some whose English is their first language.

They are literate, they just have poor comprehension skills.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@QVCkitty1 And a pet peeve of mine is when someone takes the subject of the original post and goes off on a long, rambling tangent about something in their life that has very little, if anything, to do with the original subject.

I see this quite often by a couple of posters. I read the first few words and see where it's going and move on.

Yes, @Love my grandkids, I am always amazed at how one particular poster responds with a multi-paragraph essay that is maybe one percent related to the topic and ninety-nine percent presumably about her.

@suzyQ3   @lovemygrands. I find it amazingly easy to skip those rambling posts.

@Kachina624  Yes but you have to scroll and scroll to get to the next post.

Honored Contributor

I'm very tolerant of the multi paragraph storyteller @suzyQ3 . If it's the same person I'm thinking of, my sense is she's older and a very social person who is suffering more than I am this year. Plus, I actually like reading about her life.