Honored Contributor

While watching The Grammys last night, I saw a commercial for what I thought was a new website. This is one of those cashback websites that you get money when you shop through them online. I was curious and signed up for an account. But guess what, the site already knew me, seems it is linked to my Ebates account (had my account info).It has me wondering is Ebates changing to Rakuten?

Honored Contributor

Ebates is changing its name to Rakuten, which, by the way, is Japanese for optimism.  Rakuten acquired Ebates in Sept 2014.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Ebates is changing its name to Rakuten, which, by the way, is Japanese for optimism.  Rakuten acquired Ebates in Sept 2014.

@ValuSkr, why don't they just come out and say Ebates will now be known as Rakuten?

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

While watching The Grammys last night, I saw a commercial for what I thought was a new website. This is one of those cashback websites that you get money when you shop through them online. I was curious and signed up for an account. But guess what, the site already knew me, seems it is linked to my Ebates account (had my account info).It has me wondering is Ebates changing to Rakuten?

@Jordan2 I noticed the name Rakuten when I sign into the Ebates website...up at the top it says Ebates is a Rakuten Company.  I did not know they were changing the name.

Update: Without signing into my Ebates account I googled the name Rakuten and this is what happened....Wow...LOL

Your Ebates account has been upgraded to (RACK-uh-ten)
Ebates and Rakuten are now one. Continue enjoying all the benefits of Ebates on our new Rakuten home. Same website, new name and logo.
Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 I noticed the name Rakuten when I sign into the Ebates website...up at the top it says Ebates is a Rakuten Company.  I did not know they were changing the name.

Update: Without signing into my Ebates account I googled the name Rakuten and this is what happened....Wow...LOL

Your Ebates account has been upgraded to (RACK-uh-ten)
Ebates and Rakuten are now one. Continue enjoying all the benefits of Ebates on our new Rakuten home. Same website, new name and logo.

@GAQShopr53, now that you mention it, I think I did see the name, but I didn't pay attention to it!

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr, why don't they just come out and say Ebates will now be known as Rakuten?

I received an email about it.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

I've been using Rakuten for years now.  I buy products from Japan. Japan has excellent hair products.

Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@PatriciaG wrote:

I've been using Rakuten for years now.  I buy products from Japan. Japan has excellent hair products.

@PatriciaG

Just curious, how long does shipping take?

Honored Contributor

@PatriciaG I am really curious about the products from Japan.Do they have English directions,what company do you purchase from and are the prices reasonable.I have a friend whose son lives in japan and he gets her to ship clothing for their family from USA.He says prices outrageous.I was also wondering about duty and how you receive the packages.