Respected Contributor

Re: Raise Your Hand If You Think .......

@Annabellethecat66 

Do ya think it would be nice if the Q gave you $10.00 for each year you have been a customer!!

I would be very happy with that reward!

Honored Contributor

@chiclets  Ummm....yes!  But considering how long some of these ladies have been QVC customers (since it's inception), they might go broke!  Ha!

I'm still considered a 'newbie' by some here and I've been a customer since around 2005.  I found QVC not too long after my husband died.  

As I've said, it keeps me 'company'.  When I'm home, I'll move from one room to another and just the sound of it (people talking) works well for me.

I still live in the large house we built and raised 3 daughters.  Now it's just me and the 2 cats.

I do think QVC Customer Service is outstanding.  More than one time I've called them for various things and they've always been courteous and willing.....not just willing but almost eager to help me.

As a matter of fact I just called about 20 minutes ago.  I wanted to order another one of those stuffed animals for a friend's baby.  

All of my daughters either have children and they're way past the stuffed animal phase or my youngest ......well, who knows but I doubt she'll ever have a child as her "friend" she's known forever keeps responding as a "friend" so that's going nowhere.  I need to stick a lightning pole where the sun don't shine to prod this guy!  Ha!

Anyway, where was I?  OK, now I'll finally close this conversation out on this post.  I just got in and my Snowcone maker is calling me.  Boy!  Do I love snowcones and more importantly, I love chewing ice (I just like chewing the ice).....

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I’d like to see points based on $ spent.

Several companies I purchase from do that and it seems a very rational and level way to reward buyers.

Oh, well...

@Drythe   Agree.  I can think of 3 online stores I use that offer points.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@SeaMaiden  As usual you said what I attempted to say and (also as usual) you said it with fewer words and better.  Thanks for clarifying what I was trying to say....get across, etc.

@Annabellethecat66   You said it just fine!❤️🙂

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51  I kinda think you missed the whole point.  $10 is nice (who couldn't use an extra $10.....I know I wouldn't mind getting a credit of $10).

The point was .......Oh!  Well, many of you understand what I was trying to say.  We all understand WHY QVC does what it does, and it's not like we want a gold star next to our name and bla bla.  

It's exactly like I said...... Hey!  How's about this....those who don't want the $10 can give it to those of us who'd like the extra $10....

This is me.....pushing my fanny up in the line to say, "I'd like her $10 if she doesn't want it.....next".

Just kidding and I normally don't pull someone from the line signaling just them.......it's just that well....$10 is ten dollars....right?

@kitcat51  I kinda think you missed the whole point.  $10 is nice (who couldn't use an extra $10.....I know I wouldn't mind getting a credit of $10).

The point was .......Oh!  Well, many of you understand what I was trying to say.  We all understand WHY QVC does what it does, and it's not like we want a gold star next to our name and bla bla.  

It's exactly like I said...... Hey!  How's about this....those who don't want the $10 can give it to those of us who'd like the extra $10....

This is me.....pushing my fanny up in the line to say, "I'd like her $10 if she doesn't want it.....next".

Just kidding and I normally don't pull someone from the line signaling just them.......it's just that well....$10 is ten dollars....right?

I didn't miss your point & I made mine..a business owes me nothing for being a customer over the years, not a $10 credit or one penny. If Q wants to offer a one time incentive to new customers I don't care...I've already saved lots of money by shopping here & look forward to pocketing more. All businesses need to be competitive to grow & we should want them to so if newbie get a credit, good for them.

Esteemed Contributor

My hand is up! 

Let me tell you the stupid thing I did.   There's a Lug bag I'd buy if the price was lower and there was free shipping (hahahahaha).  When I opened my online newsfeed yesterday, there was a pop-up that proclaimed that if you went to QVC and used the code TAKE10 at checkout, you'd get $10-off any purchase at QVC.  Well, I didn't even have to think about it.  I clicked on the pop-up, put that bag in my cart, typed in the code, and hit 'submit.'   And another pop-up immediate jumped out at me with big red font that told me "you are NOT eligible to use that code!"    That was hurtful.

No where on that original pop-up did it state for first-time customers only.... I felt like an idiot anyway.  Cancelled my order and closed QVC's website.  Silly of me to think that QVC was giving out coupons to just anybody.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

This is one reason why I'd rather order from HSN with their 20% off days, or why I'd rather run up to Kohl's with their great coupons. QVC seems to appreciate new customers and those who use their Q card....I haven't been a new customer for 25 years and I don't have the Q card and never will, so I guess I'm not a favorite customer! LOL!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Yep, I have been around since it's inception.

I do not know when it was I first ordered but I bet it was Cathy Levine who convinced me to buy the jewelry.

Honored Contributor

If they're giving out money (maybe $10 isn't much to some) but I don't turn down any money, especially 10$.

Where was I?  OK, so if they're handing out money to newbies they should ALSO (get that word....also, also) hand out money to those who buy or have bought more than once.  

THAT was my POINT.  I think a company does owe some things to it's patrons.

I think that's one of the problems of today.  It used to be when you did buy something from a company they appreciated the fact that you were a good....loyal customers.

Maybe you don't expect something, but I'd venture to say I'm not the only person who expects something (not necessarily money, but something, be it courtesy or free shipping, etc) for their customers.