Honored Contributor

Re: Raise Your Hand If You Think .......

They are drumming up new business.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Image result for raising hand gif

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Do I love that companies I frequent do that?  Not really, but I get why they do.  Besides, even with money back or a coupon, or even a sale, I try to remind myself that if I bite and buy, I've spent money, not saved anything unless what I buy was already going to buy anyway.  I'm really working at reducing my overall buying footprint which helps me and hopefully also helps the environment!

Trusted Contributor

All other online vendors I use have free shipping over a stated amount or free shipping days.  All of them have coupons or days with discounts.

The only reason I buy at QVC is that they carry 2 brands I love.  If they no longer carry those brands, I will move on.  So yes, I think it’s unfair.   But they lose all the extra revenue from those of us who would buy more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

It stinks and is unfair that QVC is ONLY giving $10 off to people who’ve never bought from QVC before.

All morning Mary has been saying, “If you’ve watched us but never bought anything from us before and buy something today, we’ll take $10 off of your first purchase”.

I’m here raising my hand to ask QVC, “What the hay?  What about us loyal viewers who regulary purchase items from you (QVC)?  Aren’t we worthy of your “recognition”?  Aren’t we worthy of your “thank you(s)”?

Here’s a novel idea.....are you ready?  As my kindergarten teacher used to say, “ Open your eyes and ears”......

WHY NOT HAVE A  ’CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY’?  This would let us ‘loyal customers’ know you actually DO appreciate US!

Just a suggestion from ‘ the peanut gallery’.

ps... Posting here so more people can acknowledge by raising their hand.

@Annabellethecat66 

I remember the Thanksgiving Card with host's signatures inside thanking us for our business along with a coupon for $10 off any purchase.....  Now the focus seems to be  only new customers instead of thanking current loyal customers .....😠 ....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  It’s like they don’t value their long time customers, they have you already, they’re looking to expand their customer base. This bothers me about my cable provider Spectrum, they entice new customers with a great deal, I have been with them for almost 18 years, I get no break on my cable bill.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  It’s like they don’t value their long time customers, they have you already, they’re looking to expand their customer base. This bothers me about my cable provider Spectrum, they entice new customers with a great deal, I have been with them for almost 18 years, I get no break on my cable bill.

@Jordan2 

ITA.....And who knows if these new customers will only make a one and done purchase....Meanwhile us longtime customers dont seem to be appreciated.....

And as far as the cable industry....isnt it nice that not only do new customers get a good deal, but to add insult to injury the long time customers are subsidizing these deals....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

They are drumming up new business.

@Imaoldhippie   Perhaps they need to replace the customers that have gotten fed up and stopped purchasing. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 

ITA.....And who knows if these new customers will only make a one and done purchase....Meanwhile us longtime customers dont seem to be appreciated.....

And as far as the cable industry....isnt it nice that not only do new customers get a good deal, but to add insult to injury the long time customers are subsidizing these deals....

@Spurt  my neighbor will switch back and forth from two providers to always get the best deal. I don’t want the hassle of taking out all my equipment and waiting for the new company’s installation. I don’t get why the cable companies don’t treat their current customers better, lots of people are “cutting the cord”, they should be worried.

Esteemed Contributor

@Deb665 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 I have no problem with new customers receiving the $10 off.  That said, it would be nice if QVC would reward the regular/long term customer with some type of rewards program like Kohl’s Cash, or a coupon for 20% off one product like Bed Bath and Beyond.  Just do SOMETHING for the customer!

-----------------

Or like HSN - QVC's "sister station" - I receive emails with a code for 20% off quite regularly.  I usually use them to buy Andrew L's vitamins.  Can be quite a savings....