Respected Contributor

Re: ROYAL WATCHERS - RULES TO LIVE BY FOR THE MONARCHY

So if I have not started eating my dessert yet, and the Queen finishes early, my dessert is simply tossed out and I remain hungry?   What a crock.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Noel7  I think @occasionalrain  was talking about Americans, not the other way around

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Noel7  I think @occasionalrain  was talking about Americans, not the other way around

I got that @cherry

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I would hope n one would presume that they're ways, traditions are right/best while those of other's are foolish, wrong and need changed.

I dunno.  I think we have leaders who would be more likeable if they had good manners like the Queen.  They could learn a thing or two.

@Noel7 When you are the sacred annointed head of a church and state, well, to paraphrase Shakespeare, you are "the makers of manners."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In all of the Queens many years on the throne she has never put a foot wrong. She is subtle, but a voice of reason and justice in a cruel world

She broke the color barrier on one of her tours ,by dancing with a leader of a different race. This was unheard of ,when she did it

She never shot her mouth off, she just quietly took to the floor ,and practiced what others preached.. Example is always the best teacher

Honored Contributor

Good way to put it @stuyvesant

I like it that she is always proper.

Honored Contributor

We Americans are not known for having manners, a pity.  For us to fault Britain or Norway for their behavior is ludicrous.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

So if I have not started eating my dessert yet, and the Queen finishes early, my dessert is simply tossed out and I remain hungry?   What a crock.

@seaBreeze

Exactly!    I guess some will defend something just because "that's the way we'vee always done it", and have no regard for common sense .....  or modern values.   

What if the queen had a big lunch and isn't all that hungry at dinner?  Does that mean everyone else at the table has to stuff their faces to hurry and finish their dinner ... or they go hungry?   

Do they get doggie bags sent to their rooms or is the food discarded?  How much food is wasted each year from their dining room table?   (Brings to mind all the starving children in the world, yet food is tossed on a regular basis in the palace?)   

What EXACTLY is the problem if the queen is done eating and others need just a little longer to finish?  Is the sky going to fall?   Just HOW is it bad manners to eat the food placed in front of you?

And what is "wrong" with shellfish, anyway?   lol

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

Good way to put it @stuyvesant

I like it that she is always proper.

For some reason, we forget the queen is a religious figure.  I guess because all those people with royal blood get to carry one like they are regular people with status and money Smiley Happy

If these royals were the consecrated chosen-by-god royals of a stranger culture, we might think differently.

And, yes - I know.  Only the Monarch gets the sacred oil from all the bishops of the land treatment.  But the others are still royals who could get chosen by God to be the monarch.