Honored Contributor

Re: ROYAL WATCHERS - RULES TO LIVE BY FOR THE MONARCHY

wrote:

I would hope n one would presume that they're ways, traditions are right/best while those of other's are foolish, wrong and need changed.

There's nothing wrong with making observtions and comparisons.  For example, I've noticed that you do it all the time in these threads.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many people are allergic to shellfish, and get deathy ill from it

The people know the protocol when they eat with her. She doesn't gobble her food, and is said to toy with a salad, to make sure everyone has a chance to finish the course

If I were to be so lucky ,which I never will, to eat with her, I would certainly want to display my best manners ,and  if the food was taken too soon so what?  It's not the last meal you will ever eat

Respected Contributor

I think the Queen would make sure to not finish first before others had a chance to eat their meal.  

It may be an antiquated rule, but it's their rule.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

So if I have not started eating my dessert yet, and the Queen finishes early, my dessert is simply tossed out and I remain hungry?   What a crock.

@seaBreeze

Exactly!    I guess some will defend something just because "that's the way we'vee always done it", and have no regard for common sense .....  or modern values.   

What if the queen had a big lunch and isn't all that hungry at dinner?  Does that mean everyone else at the table has to stuff their faces to hurry and finish their dinner ... or they go hungry?   

Do they get doggie bags sent to their rooms or is the food discarded?  How much food is wasted each year from their dining room table?   (Brings to mind all the starving children in the world, yet food is tossed on a regular basis in the palace?)   

What EXACTLY is the problem if the queen is done eating and others need just a little longer to finish?  Is the sky going to fall?   Just HOW is it bad manners to eat the food placed in front of you?

And what is "wrong" with shellfish, anyway?   lol

You are getting upset over something we don’t know to be true.

The Queen is known for her consideration of others @Tinkrbl44

By the way, welcome back.

Honored Contributor

The previous course would have been removed and everyone would have been served dessert at the same time. Everyone had the same opportunity to eat and if someone delayed, perhaps chatting, they have themselves to blame for missing out on dessert.

Honored Contributor

A good hostess is considerate of everyone's dietary rules, some religions  will not permit it's followers to eat certain foods, and shellfish is among them

Garlic gives people bad breath ,and makes some people sick. There is a sensible reason for everything she does

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

So if I have not started eating my dessert yet, and the Queen finishes early, my dessert is simply tossed out and I remain hungry?   What a crock.

@seaBreeze

Exactly!    I guess some will defend something just because "that's the way we'vee always done it", and have no regard for common sense .....  or modern values.   

What if the queen had a big lunch and isn't all that hungry at dinner?  Does that mean everyone else at the table has to stuff their faces to hurry and finish their dinner ... or they go hungry?   

Do they get doggie bags sent to their rooms or is the food discarded?  How much food is wasted each year from their dining room table?   (Brings to mind all the starving children in the world, yet food is tossed on a regular basis in the palace?)   

What EXACTLY is the problem if the queen is done eating and others need just a little longer to finish?  Is the sky going to fall?   Just HOW is it bad manners to eat the food placed in front of you?

And what is "wrong" with shellfish, anyway?   lol

I am sure that all who are invited to dine with the queen are well aware of this protocol.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

As of 2013,  the monarch of Britain is allowed to marry a catholic.

I find that much more welcoming than letting me finish my shellfish.

If the monarch changes religions, it's a leave-your-crown-on-the-table and don't let the door hit you on your way out.  But the spouse can be anything at all.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2013/20/contents/enacted/data.htm

Valued Contributor

wrote:

I am sure that all who are invited to dine with the queen are well aware of this protocol.

Crazy, I think you are missing the entire point, this discussion is being done in tongue in cheek, not a big deal, but you had to make it such. 
@CrazyDaisy

Honored Contributor

That might be your take ,it isn't mine. People make fun of what they don't understand. I have seen this done here repeatedly, and it's always toward people like the Queen