Esteemed Contributor

Re: ROYAL WATCHERS - RULES TO LIVE BY FOR THE MONARCHY

wrote:

Doesn't mean much if we don't know who authored it.  However, I am sure are true and some aren't.   I'm still laughing over the chin thing...lol   That bathroom thing is common courtesy that we all use.  Isn't it?  No one with any manners announces that they are going to take dunk when they leave the dinner table...lol

I would hope no one would say exactly why they are going to the bathroom, but many would say, "I'll be right back " I'm going to the bathroom."

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

It is because of all the "rules" makes the below so much more enjoyable when it happens. 

Image result for photo of queen laughing at guard

Love it...the Queen, it has been stated, has a lovely smile and this certainly proves it.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

wrote:

When Kate was in Norway recently she left her coat on indoors for lunch with the Crown Prince and Princess.

Cameras were present so it was considered a public engagement. Royal rules say it is "unladylike" for a woman to take her coat off in public. 😕

92d28487b6e2287bcf7e08a8dc09e8bb.jpeg

@Greeneyedlady21

Good grief .....  So Kate had to wear a winter coat inside during a meal?  There was NO ONE who could have helped her out of it ...  in that winter weather? 

It's pretty obvious that someone took William's coat off camera.  For a pregnant woman to be forced to wear a winter coat indoors for (probably) at least an hour or two, shows that all those protocol rules need to be re-evaluated and updated from time to time .... and maybe just get rid of the whole monarchy entirely.  

This really has nothing to do with respect .... it's just ridiculous.   JMO

Honored Contributor

It’s Norway, cold.  It may have been cold inside, look how the other couple is dressed.  

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

When Kate was in Norway recently she left her coat on indoors for lunch with the Crown Prince and Princess.

Cameras were present so it was considered a public engagement. Royal rules say it is "unladylike" for a woman to take her coat off in public. 😕

92d28487b6e2287bcf7e08a8dc09e8bb.jpeg

@Greeneyedlady21

Good grief .....  So Kate had to wear a winter coat inside during a meal?  There was NO ONE who could have helped her out of it ...  in that winter weather? 

It's pretty obvious that someone took William's coat off camera.  For a pregnant woman to be forced to wear a winter coat indoors for (probably) at least an hour or two, shows that all those protocol rules need to be re-evaluated and updated from time to time .... and maybe just get rid of the whole monarchy entirely.  

This really has nothing to do with respect .... it's just ridiculous.   JMO

Maybe she was cold.  Pehaps the coat was removed sometime after the picture was taken.

They don't tell you how to live your life. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I found the below list of fourteen rules with photos but did not see the mention of the coat rule.  I thought it might would inform us to why because that seems very restricting.  Hopefully it is not true for the ladies, that would be awful.

http://www.businessinsider.com/14-etiquette-rules-the-royal-family-must-always-follow-2017-8/#skip-t...

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

It's their system and they can play by their rules.  I don't think we are all that special to be criticizing others.  I see a lot that we could do better...

Their  system goes back   for  centuries. It has withstood time and trial. We are still the new kids on the block and sometimes we should listen and learn...I have never seen anyone behave better than the Queen

Honored Contributor

My in-law family just came back from living in Norway for two years.

Just about every Instagram photo of them and their children shows them wearing coats, including inside, except when they were home and dressed in multiple layers with blankets around.

Trusted Contributor

The Queen is the Head of the Church of England and she was annointed with sacred oil at her coronation - a part of the coronation ceremony that wasn't filmed because it was so sacred.

As an American, I don't understand this, but the British take it very seriously, and it must be respected.

Honored Contributor

I would hope n one would presume that they're ways, traditions are right/best while those of other's are foolish, wrong and need changed.