Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2015 sylviahomeatlast said:

I have Chrome on my computers and Safari on my ipad and iphone. Are these the same?

Hi, sylvia! Chrome is a Google product, Safari is an Apple product. Not the same as Internet Explorer (Microsoft) or Firefox (Mozilla).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Marp2 said:
On 3/17/2015 Colonel Meow said:

Oh, LOL - I know that! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} (I actually prefer to use Chrome, but still have IE on my desktop.) I meant "what does this really mean" because I am still able to pull it up - so clearly, it's not dead yet. Do they have a date in mind to completely disable this browser?

It won' t be disabled and will be supported at least until sometime in 2016. When Windows 10 is released there will be a replacement browser that is currently named Project Spartan.

I thought Windows 10 was ready to go... no, huh? Someone mentioned it to me the other day, said I might want to try it. I said, "No thanks, I had enough trouble getting used to Windows 8."

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 3/17/2015 Marp2 said:

Oh, LOL - I know that! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} (I actually prefer to use Chrome, but still have IE on my desktop.) I meant "what does this really mean" because I am still able to pull it up - so clearly, it's not dead yet. Do they have a date in mind to completely disable this browser?

It won' t be disabled and will be supported at least until sometime in 2016. When Windows 10 is released there will be a replacement browser that is currently named Project Spartan.

I thought Windows 10 was ready to go... no, huh? Someone mentioned it to me the other day, said I might want to try it. I said, "No thanks, I had enough trouble getting used to Windows 8."

Noel, the last I read Windows 10 is scheduled for release this summer. Unless you want a beta version, or technical preview, something like that.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2015 dooBdoo said:
On 3/17/2015 Marp2 said:

Noel, the last I read Windows 10 is scheduled for release this summer. Unless you want a beta version, or technical preview, something like that.

Hi there dBd Smile

I just checked and Microsoft is saying it's available for Windows 8 and 7, another site says the preview version is ready.

I dunno... but here's the microsoft link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2718695

Honored Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Marp2 said:

Hi there dBd Smile

I just checked and Microsoft is saying it's available for Windows 8 and 7, another site says the preview version is ready.

That's IE v. 10, though, not Windows v. 10.

Honored Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Marp2 said:

Hi there dBd Smile

That's IE v. 10, though, not Windows v. 10.

Thanks for clarifying!

I've been using Firefox for the past couple of days with good luck. My IE does seem to be breaking down.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome! I hope you like Firefox.