Super Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Marp2 said:
On 3/17/2015 Colonel Meow said:

Oh, LOL - I know that! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} (I actually prefer to use Chrome, but still have IE on my desktop.) I meant "what does this really mean" because I am still able to pull it up - so clearly, it's not dead yet. Do they have a date in mind to completely disable this browser?

It won' t be disabled and will be supported at least until sometime in 2016. When Windows 10 is released there will be a replacement browser that is currently named Project Spartan.

Oh, I see. I kind of like that new name.

Esteemed Contributor

Goody, now if we update both the OS and the browser can go down at once. So efficient.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/17/2015 mstyrion 1 said:

RIP IE. You introduced me to the World Wide Web, but I outgrew you and moved on to my new love, Chrome. I will never forget you, but I'm just not that into you any more. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Marp2 said:

Oh, LOL - I know that! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} (I actually prefer to use Chrome, but still have IE on my desktop.) I meant "what does this really mean" because I am still able to pull it up - so clearly, it's not dead yet. Do they have a date in mind to completely disable this browser?

It won' t be disabled and will be supported at least until sometime in 2016. When Windows 10 is released there will be a replacement browser that is currently named Project Spartan.

Well at least they are honest but Project doesn't inspire confidence.

Honored Contributor

Well, 'Project Spartan' is much better than 'Bluetooth'. Who in the heck thought of the name 'Bluetooth', anyway. ???? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Remember when AOL was king of the internet? Shoot, AOL WAS the internet! Everyone would ask friends, are you doing america online? For years it ruled.

I have and use IE, and lately it is awful, and don't get me started about Windows 8. Windows 8 had to have buried Microsoft alone! Who ever designed those "lego blocks" should be fired! Oh, they were!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Valued Contributor

I have Chrome on my computers and Safari on my ipad and iphone. Are these the same?

Honored Contributor
On 3/17/2015 occasional rain said:
On 3/17/2015 Marp2 said:

Well at least they are honest but Project doesn't inspire confidence.

It's called "Project Spartan" while it's in development. They haven't chosen the actual name yet.

I haven't been a fan of IE, but lots of folks like it and are accustomed to using it. It'll be interesting to see the new browser. Change is always a-comin' whether we like it or not, and with luck it means better products.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I'm glad it's not actually going away. I've always used it. I added in Chrome a few years ago and it's ok but I actually like IE better - except sometimes. ha! Sometimes it doesn't act right but over all it is faster and more efficient for me.

I tried Firefox twice and hated it. But, to be fair, it was several years ago. Maybe they've improved it since but at that time there were so many things that were incompatible. Then they added these 'patches' and they never worked either so I gave up - twice. Smiley Happy Figured I'd give it every chance but my experiences were so bad that I haven't gone back.

I have Safari and Opera on some of my computers but never liked either. It's always good to have choices.

Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2015 chickenbutt said:

I'm glad it's not actually going away. I've always used it. I added in Chrome a few years ago and it's ok but I actually like IE better - except sometimes. ha! Sometimes it doesn't act right but over all it is faster and more efficient for me.

I tried Firefox twice and hated it. But, to be fair, it was several years ago. Maybe they've improved it since but at that time there were so many things that were incompatible. Then they added these 'patches' and they never worked either so I gave up - twice. Smiley Happy Figured I'd give it every chance but my experiences were so bad that I haven't gone back.

I have Safari and Opera on some of my computers but never liked either. It's always good to have choices.

I really like Firefox, in fact I like it more than Chrome or Safari. (I use an iMac.) You might want to give it a chance, because they've made major changes to it and they update it regularly. (You can even sign up to use their beta version, if you feel like walking on the wild side.{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}) It's been a long time since I tried Opera or Thunderbird, since those don't seem as well-designed or supported.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova