Honored Contributor

thanks @stuyvesant......interesting article and history.

i had almost forgotten about barbi benton!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

I don't think this thread is about prostitutes or whether the Bunnies who slept with Hefner were exploited and objectified (although I think they were).

It's Hefner I have no respect for.  I found it creepy that these young woman were promoted as following their dreams.  I also find it creepy that the mazgazine was a famous masturbation tool. 

lol,I think the magazine was meant for a m......tool, so were JC Penny and Sears and Robucks catalogues...

Honored Contributor

I can't remember who the comedian was, but about 5 years ago someone did a few comments about HH in his stand up routine  ... primarily that he needed to lose the pajamas STAT.  

He said when Hef was a young man and wore the smoking jacket that looked like pajamas, he looked sophisticated and debonair.  Nowadays, as a wrinkled old man, he looks like an old geezer that wandered off from his nursing home..  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I can't remember who the comedian was, but about 5 years ago someone did a few comments about HH in his stand up routine  ... primarily that he needed to lose the pajamas STAT.  

He said when Hef was a young man and wore the smoking jacket that looked like pajamas, he looked sophisticated and debonair.  Nowadays, as a wrinkled old man, he looks like an old geezer that wandered off from his nursing home.. 

@Tinkrbl44

Now that's funny! *lol*

Respected Contributor

good riddance. He tried to sell sexual freedom by objectifying women. 

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Nowadays women do it to themselves.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Nowadays women do it to themselves.

The Kartrashians didn't need Hef, they had their mother. She's been a great p*mp.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Cutting out the middleman, so to speak........

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Hugh Hefner

[ Edited ]

I hope that someone releases some of the stuff in Hugh's file cabinets. He has catalogs of things. Everything is dated by the year. This specific room was featured on "The girls Next Door", I think.

Regular Contributor

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@Tinkrbl44
Your original post was actually quite scornful of traditional marriage and more conservative values.

And we do have control over our instincts.....those survival instincts that you mentioned are always overriden when one commits suicide. Otherwise people wouldn't die, would they?

I'm not opposed to anyone having a different belief system than my own. That's the beauty of freedom of choice. But I do take great umbrage with being told that having said beliefs is narrow minded. That in and of itself is being narrow minded. I do not have a "membership" with God but I do have an awesome relationship with Him! Couldn't live without Him!

I also have no arguement with you. Hope you have a great day too! Smiley Happy

(my bold)

This statement shows that you don't understand suicide, or depression or desperation for that matter.