Respected Contributor

Finally. . .

Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed watching "The Girls Next Door" tv sereies. rip

Valued Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

He was nothing but a DOM.  EXploited woman to put money in his,own pocket.  CAnnot believe some are mourning this disgusting man's passing.

What is a DOM?

Trusted Contributor

@garmer wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

He was nothing but a DOM.  EXploited woman to put money in his,own pocket.  CAnnot believe some are mourning this disgusting man's passing.

What is a DOM?

Dirty Old Man

Respected Contributor

Re: RIP Hugh Hefner

[ Edited ]

@Suhse wrote:

RIP. He lived life fully, and that’s how it’s meant to be lived!

@SUHsE I found your words to be an incredibly sad statement.  This man's moral code and lifestyle are NOT how life is to be lived.   

Honored Contributor

@garmer  I think she was going for "dirty old man"

As for me, RIP to another fellow imperfect human being.  

Personally, I find it hysterical that when women are filling up movie theaters for the next Magic Mike showing and tossing money during Chippendales shows, we don't have the same outrage towards that objectification of the other sex.  Only men seem to catch that rap.

Just my opinion, but I think some of us need to lighten up.  The man made human sexuality comfortable enough to talk about in the mainstream healthy, critical, and otherwise while employing and giving livelihoods to thousands of people, men and women. 

And I am willing to wager not many of them had a gun to their head when they accepted the job.    

Honored Contributor

RIP to a legend.  Condolences to his family as well. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

Personally, I find it hysterical that when women are filling up movie theaters for the next Magic Mike showing and tossing money during Chippendales shows, we don't have the same outrage towards that objectification of the other sex.  Only men seem to catch that rap.

Just my opinion, but I think some of us need to lighten up.  The man made human sexuality comfortable enough to talk about in the mainstream healthy, critical, and otherwise while employing and giving livelihoods to thousands of people, men and women. 

And I am willing to wager not many of them had a gun to their head when they accepted the job.    

(my bold)

False equivalence 

In response to those who laud him, empowerment & equality and objectification & and exploitation are not the same. He may have aided in bringing sex into the open, but, he did so by demeaning women. I don't consider those who engaged with him victims. They were willing. I'm talking about the bigger picture -- women as a whole. He had no respect for us. 

Honored Contributor

@LinaL wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

(my bold)

False equivalence 

In response to those who laud him, empowerment & equality and objectification & and exploitation are not the same. He may have aided in bringing sex into the open, but, he did so by demeaning women. I don't consider those who engaged with him victims. They were willing. I'm talking about the bigger picture -- women as a whole. He had no respect for us. 

@LinaL  I disagree.  Appreciating the female body is appreciation of the female body, not disrespect. 

That man had no empire without us and he knew it.  He respected the women around him and what they could do for him, in and out of bed, tremendously. 

No man disrespects a woman.   A woman always has the power to command respect for herself and walk away from those who refuse to show it to her.    

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@LinaL wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

(my bold)

False equivalence 

@LinaL  I disagree.  Appreciating the female body is appreciation of the female body, not disrespect. 

That man had no empire without us and he knew it.  He respected the women around him and what they could do for him, in and out of bed, tremendously. 

No man disrespects a woman.   A woman always has the power to command respect for herself and walk away from those who refuse to show it to her.    

(my bold)

That's ridiculous and false. You don't have to be present or accept it to be disrespected -- especially, as a group.