Honored Contributor

What time usually do you get up.....what time do you go to bed?

I get up about 3:30 AM .  I eat my dinner about 4pm and I am in bed by 8pm.

I do not sleep real good ...usually wake up every hour on the hour and check the time.   I do not feel tired at all during the day, and have good energy, so, I must sleep enough to get rested.  

I like getting up early....early morning is my favorite time of the day.  I get a lot of things done and like watching the sunrise.

My Husband( also retired) sleeps in until about 8am....goes to bed about 9PM. He also naps during the day.....we have very different schedules! 😄

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for those retired

I'm usually in bed by eleven. I don't have an exact schedule so it all depends on how I feel. Usually up around seven, although sometimes nine or ten. I sleep very well.

Husband stays up late and sleeps till at least noon. We live a very relaxed lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

I am a night owl, always was. I usually don't fall asleep until 3am and don't get up before 10am unless I have an early appointment somewhere. I don't worry about sleeping through the night, if I'm tired during the day I will crawl in bed and sleep a few hours. I think people can worry too much about getting enough sleep and that makes things worse IMO. After all, we are retired we can sleep any time we want.

Honored Contributor

When I worked, I had to get up really early and it took a couple of years to change that pattern. I like being able to stay up longer and sleep till 8 or ometimes even 9.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

A typical day for me except for Sunday is to get up around 6 AM and work out with a DVD or exercise show on PBS. DH is usually up around 7 and we have breakfast. Sundays we both get up around 6:30 and I get dressed up for our 8 AM church service.

Honored Contributor

DH and I go to bed between 9-10 sometimes later. I get up 5-6 am and DH gets up 7-8. We have lunch around 1-2 and rest an hour or two. We will have a more exciting schedule when spring gets here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Dh still works so there are times I am up with him at 6, and others I sleep till 8. We go to bed at 10 weekdays and 11-12 on weekends

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Great post - I just retired - last day of work was April 2. And I thought my sleeping pattern would be better, but it's not. My BF still works - he's up by 4am, and at work by 6. 

Guess I'll just have to see what my body eases into. 

Honored Contributor

I'm up at 4:30 and asleep by 9:30. I sleep well through the night and pee midway. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am retired but DH is not and travels most of the week, so I am usually home with the pets.  I try to get to bed about 11:30 p.m. and read for about an hour.  Once I get to sleep, I stay asleep until one of the pets wakes me up.  I am then up between 5 a.m. (not by choice) and 7:a.m.  If I get up at 5 to let the dog out, then I take a little nap in my recliner for about an hour or so.  

My days are busy and I think that is why I sleep so well.   My typical day is working out at the Y, taking art classes, volunteering where I teach balance classes at assisted living centers, and cooking and baking.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!