Respected Contributor

I sometimes go to page two or three to read messages I might have missed.  

But when I read something on let's say Page 2, and click off it, I am sent back to the beginning of Page 1.  Can't you fix this Board so that when you finish reading something and click off that, it will return you to where you were when you finished reading, instead of going back to Page one.  Or do I just not know how to do it?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for the Moderators

[ Edited ]

I hate it when that happens.

I've always hated it on any site, so my habit is to always open a new link in a new tab or window. I go to the forum front page and open every thread I want to read in a new tab. Then I read those, go to the second page and open all the threads I want to read there in a new tabs. I do that on all sites, so it's not uncommon for me to have 20+ tabs open at one time.

On a lap/desktop PC, you can do it by right clicking a link and selecting open in new tab or new window. If you have a mouse with a wheel in the center, most of them allow you to press the center button when you hover the cursor over a link and the link will open in a new tab/window. 

It also works with a iPhone or iPad. Press and hold a link and a window pops up asking if you want to Open, Open in a New Tab, Add to Reading List, or Copy. Select Open in a New Tab and it takes you to the page in a new browser instance, but leaves the original page open in the background. It's not as seamless as it is on a desk/laptop, but it does work.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do it on a MAC lap/desktop.

Doing this puts me back in control of how I view pages and it's such a strong habit I have a hard time NOT doing it on links that don't allow it.

It would be great if they could address it in the software for the site,  but if they can't, now you know a way around it.

Valued Contributor

Hi @Perkup,

I'm going to forward this suggestion along to our Community Team! I don't believe that it is currently possible to return to the spot where you left off on a previous page. Although it's possible that some of the other posters here have found a way that I am not familiar with, I do seem to remember there being some talk about this before! Smiley Happy

Brittany 

Honored Contributor

@Brittany-QVC Over to the left, under quick links, is there anything there so some of our read posts can be marked read?  I haven't used it yet.

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal Hm, good question! I believe things look a little different from the customer view, I'm not sure if that would work or not! From our veiw we are usually able to see if something has been read by a moderator or not, but I'm not sure how that would work on the other end. You could always try clicking on it and seeing what happens if you're feeling adventurous! Smiley Very Happy