Respected Contributor

Re: Question for Amazon Prime customers about returns

@SeaMaiden , I believe you live in the Seattle area as I do.   Did you know if you take any Amazon return to their main center in the Sodo Plaza there will not be any return charges.    No matter why you are returning the item.      It's real easy, you just go into the building and put the item into the little window they have.   Within just an hour or so you will get an email saying your return is now processed.

If the item is too large, you can ring the bell and someone will assist you.  

Usually I just get a return slip and go to our local UPS store but on occasion I have taken a large item right to the Sodo center.  

Honored Contributor

had to return a partially damaged box of light bulbs about two weeks ago. they did not make me do a return. they issued me a  full refund instead.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

Just go to your Amazon account, then order history, then find the order you need to return and there will be a place to click on saying, 'return this order'.

They will email you a return label, with no charge to return.

not all items are free to return, but you will find that out 

when you get to the label page.  

but it's a very simple quick process

Respected Contributor

I seldom return to Amazon but did yesterday. I printed their label. Put it together as they said and took it to UPS store. They scanned it and before I got home I received an email saying my return had been credited.

No cost to me at all and no shipping cost either way. The only caveat is that if it is clothes they must have the original tags on.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Contact Amazon.  They have the easiest return policy I've ever encountered.  On two orders - one I did not like, and the other was broken, I did not even have to return the item. 

Unless, when you order an item from a 3rd party that is not part of Prime, you do not have to pay for the return, and more often than not, once the item is scanned in by the post office or UPS, your refund has already been issued.  

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE that Amazon empowers the people who answer the calls to make decisions and make the situation right for the customer. They process refunds as soon as they get notice that a return was scanned in. Often, you don't even have to return the product if it was their mistake. When in doubt, and even if there is minimal dollar amount difference, I will go with Amazon because I know I will be treated right.

Respected Contributor

The OP stated the item was purchased with Prime so no s&h charges.  Returning a Prime item shouldn't require s&h.   This is why I have a Prime account!  No s&h on items that say "Prime" in the Amazon site.  I almost purchased an item that was not sold with Prime and immediately stopped when I saw the s&h charges.   

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

When you find something you want to order, it tells you on that page if it’s eligible for free returns.  If it’s not and you choose to have UPS pick it up, there is a charge for the pickup as opposed to dropping it off yourself.  

said that much clearer than I did 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

The OP stated the item was purchased with Prime so no s&h charges.  Returning a Prime item shouldn't require s&h.   This is why I have a Prime account!  No s&h on items that say "Prime" in the Amazon site.  I almost purchased an item that was not sold with Prime and immediately stopped when I saw the s&h charges.   

depends :

I ordered some plastic bags, when they arrived too small, when I was going to return, there was a fee.  so Prime shipping doesn't always mean free returns. 

sometimes they give me the locker  option with or without a fee, sometimes ups/post office with or without a fee.     looks random who knows the whys of Amz sometimes

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

Prime shipping does not always mean FREE shipping.