Honored Contributor

Question for Amazon Prime customers about returns

I ordered something  on my Amazon Prime....but  came to realize it was not needed, and want to return it.  I never opened it. 

Do I have To send it back on my own dime?  I have never returned anything to Amazon.  I am a bit confused by the step by step process.  Do they give you a free shipping label  or do I have to pay to ship it back?

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for Amazon Prime customers about returns

@SeaMaiden 

• Amazon will process your return and issue a full refund with no deduction for return shipping after receiving your return of the eligible product(s). If your return is not a result of an Amazon error, we will not refund the original shipping fees. If you return product(s) that are ineligible for free returns with product(s) that are eligible for free returns, Amazon may deduct the shipping costs for the ineligible products(s) from your refund amount in accordance with Amazon's general returns policy. In addition, some special product, order, or handling fees may still apply.
Respected Contributor

Go to your account and then your orders.  Click on the particular order and select "return or replace item".  Follow the instructions.  Simple and easy.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Just go to your Amazon account, then order history, then find the order you need to return and there will be a place to click on saying, 'return this order'.

They will email you a return label, with no charge to return.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Also I've found I get my refund the same day I drop it off at UPS.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   As others have said, go into your orders, click on "return" and follow the instructions to print the shipping label.  I'm pretty sure that sometimes you have to pay for returns and sometimes you don't.  I'm not positive about that but feel sure that sometimes I've paid for them.  They will tell you how much they will refund you.  

You will get your refund immediately.  If they don't receive your return they charge your card again, but they do credit you immediately.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

ThankYou everyone who responded.  I figured it out now.....should of had a V-8😄

UPS  will  pick it up tomorrow. 

Thanks again!🙂

Trusted Contributor

When you find something you want to order, it tells you on that page if it’s eligible for free returns.  If it’s not and you choose to have UPS pick it up, there is a charge for the pickup as opposed to dropping it off yourself.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Call their Customer Service phone number. They will be happy to help you. 

1-866-216-1072

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I ordered something  on my Amazon Prime....but  came to realize it was not needed, and want to return it.  I never opened it. 

Do I have To send it back on my own dime?  I have never returned anything to Amazon.  I am a bit confused by the step by step process.  Do they give you a free shipping label  or do I have to pay to ship it back?

Wow, I just return a box to them today.  I ordered by mistake.  Their CS is so great.  Emailed me a return slip.  Took it to the UPS store, no shipping charge.  Four hours later, I received an email from Amazon that my money refunded to my card.  With QVC it takes forever.