Valued Contributor

Re: Question about the stimulus check being mailed

I'm still waiting. IRS site says a check was scheduled to be mailed on 1/6.

Esteemed Contributor

If anyone received a Debit Card the last time, please check (if you still have it) to see if this payment is loaded to the card.  Last time they asked people to save the Cards.

I read that since there was a cut off date to send out the payments, they decided that mailing was the quickest way to do that. At least it's out of their hands and now it's up to the post office.

A lot of us received direct deposit the first week. That was a surprise.

Esteemed Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

I'm still waiting. IRS site says a check was scheduled to be mailed on 1/6.

-------------

Like many posters, I am also still waiting!! 

Supposedly mailed out on the 6th!!  So yesterday, it has been 10 days!!  And tomorrow there is no mail!!  Will wait till Tuesday and then ????

Valued Contributor

If yours mailed on the 6th and didnot get it you on in trouble.

mine mailed on the 4th got in on the 7th.

Trusted Contributor

When I spoke to the IRS a few days ago, they said they had a big internal errors and it was RANDOM why some of us had a mailed check and some a direct deposit.  She also said even if we did not recieve our checks by the 15th, then still give it 2-3 weeks for mailing.  If not there will be a form/rebate added to when filing your taxes this year.  HTH

Honored Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

When I spoke to the IRS a few days ago, they said they had a big internal errors and it was RANDOM why some of us had a mailed check and some a direct deposit.  She also said even if we did not recieve our checks by the 15th, then still give it 2-3 weeks for mailing.  If not there will be a form/rebate added to when filing your taxes this year.  HTH

@northiie57 

This is what I heard on my local newscast a few days ago.

Esteemed Contributor

We still haven't received ours. Our regular mail has slowed to an absolute crawl. Remember, the IRS is mailing out W-2 forms and 1099's, etc. Lots o' mail going out in short order.

Valued Contributor

Mine was mailed out also on the 6th and I got a debit card in the mail a couple of days later. Check Get My Payment to see if they have any more information. I got a paper check in the mail the first time, but a plastic debit card came the second time.

Honored Contributor

Finally our check arrived Saturday, January 16. Glad it was a check and not a debit card.

Honored Contributor

I read online they cannot issue checks after 1-15-21.

The article stated you would have to file for the stimulus on your tax return if you don't receive it.

I don't see how this helps the people that need the help???